[NOT LV] Recording job: academic textbooks (paid)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Gesine wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 3:33 pm Lots of different subjects... anthropology, politics, history, academic writing, sociology, etc.
OMG Gesine, hi! Nice seeing you! :D

*stops hijacking thread*
Leni
=================
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Leni wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 7:20 pm
Gesine wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 3:33 pm Lots of different subjects... anthropology, politics, history, academic writing, sociology, etc.
OMG Gesine, hi! Nice seeing you! :D

*stops hijacking thread*
Thanks, lovely to see you, too! :) It's so nice to be back here. Last night I posted a little poem for inclusion in a collection. I'm not sure it's good enough because I don't have a mic here right now but it was lovely to record even a small piece again, and to contribute here. :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Thanks. I'll work on improving my recordings, like you suggested. Thank you Gesine!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Gesine! I was out of town part of last week and just now saw this thread. It's so good to see you here again!
Laurie Anne
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

I need a little help with a technical problem. However, it's for this academic textbook project and NOT Librivox, so I don't know where to ask the question. Librivox is mono. This project is stereo. I've tried YouTube videos and various Websites, but I haven't figured it out yet.

I recorded a sample chapter, in what I thought was stereo. It had two separate tracks, and it sounded like stereo. Gesine told me it was indeed mono.

It seems when I take the audacity file and export it to MP3, it becomes mono again.

I would appreciate any help. :)

Thank you,

Nan
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

When you do File>Export, check the settings in the box that comes up. It could be that one of the settings there is rendering your track to mono during exporting.
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Devorah, this is why you are MIGHTY Felix! I was trying to reinvent the wheel -- I watched five videos on what to do when your stereo file is really mono. I checked to see if Phil had a video. And all it was was a box to uncheck when exporting to MP3!

THANK you!!

Nan
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

:lol: It was a stab in the dark, really! Glad to know that it helped you. :D
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

Deleted.
Last edited by lurcherlover on February 12th, 2019, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kayray

Post by kayray »

GESINE! Gesine Gesine Gesine!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

(sorry for the hijack but I was excited :9: I never never never look at off topic -- glad I did today!)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)