Livribox Apps?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

I'm looking for a new Livribox app where I can listen to livribox recordings - the one I use can't slow down or speed up the recordings, any suggestions?

Thanks!

:D
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Well, you're on your own, kid! We don't make nor do we endorse any particular "app" even if it bears a name similar to LibriVox.

Since all of our recordings are MP3 files, any MP3 player should do... I use Google Play Music, for example. No, it does not have the option to slow down or speed up the playback, but there are probably others that do. I'd look into "transcribing" apps.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

Thanks tovarisch, let me know what you find!

Just realized that I misspelled Librivox! :oops:

tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

tovarisch wrote: August 25th, 2018, 8:04 am I use Google Play Music, for example. No, it does not have the option to slow down or speed up the playback, but there are probably others that do. I'd look into "transcribing" apps.
Joyfull wrote: August 25th, 2018, 10:13 am Thanks tovarisch, let me know what you find!
Can it be you misread what I wrote? I didn't say I was going to look for anything. The contraction 'd means "would", i.e. "(if I needed one) I would look into "transcribing" apps."
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

yes I miss read. Thanks. :D
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I use the app called "Librivox" on my iPhone but I hear there's a good one for Android phones called "Bookamo" which has the facilities to adjust speed or reduce silences.
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

Thanks for replying Elizabby! I have that one too, and I like it. The only thing is that I cannot slow down or speed up the recordings. Also It doesn't' seem to connect with my Iwatch to control volume, rewind/fast forward, etc.

schrm

Post by schrm »

i use just vlc for downloaded files, to be honest, as i find it convenient.
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Joyfull

Post by Joyfull »

Thanks for replying. What's vic? I'm not familiar with it. :oops:

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Joyfull wrote: August 28th, 2018, 5:22 pm Thanks for replying. What's vic? I'm not familiar with it. :oops:

VLC Media Player. I use it on my computer, as well. I'm not sure about a mobile app form.

(For a mobile app, I use MortPlayer, but it doesn't have a speed up / slow down option that I can find.)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Joyfull wrote: August 27th, 2018, 6:48 am Thanks for replying Elizabby! I have that one too, and I like it. The only thing is that I cannot slow down or speed up the recordings. Also It doesn't' seem to connect with my Iwatch to control volume, rewind/fast forward, etc.

We don't have anything to do with the app , but the person who wrote might be interested in any suggestions so why not contact via it's contact and ask it what you want is in the pipe line ? emailing is cheap
I do know that many blind people speed up voice recordings , maybe there might be something suitable if you googled?

Anne
vinaywadhwa

Post by vinaywadhwa »

Hey there,
I am one of the developers of Bookamo (https://zwg57.app.goo.gl/bookamo)
- Iwatch, Android Wear, Android Auto, Car Play integrations are in the pipeline.. We have big plans - new, innovative features coming soon.
- Btw, this is how you can adjust playback speed in the app.. hope this helps :-)