Page 2 of 3

Re: HYPHENIC - Want to read for an art project?

Posted: July 13th, 2018, 3:27 am
by Torfinn
SonOfTheExiles wrote:
July 8th, 2018, 2:13 am
Australian accent here.

This would be an example of it being cranked up to maximum: https://librivox.org/bill-doreens-courtship-selections-from-the-songs-of-a-sentimental-bloke-by-c-j-dennis/


Regards,
Chris
Chris: I´m sure there will be a text for you to read. At the moment we really lack male readers. However, none of the texts that are completed would work with an Australian accent (this is strictly a narrative issue). Would you be able to do it a bit more toned down?

Re: HYPHENIC - Want to read for an art project?

Posted: July 13th, 2018, 4:06 am
by Elizabby
Oh sure. My natural voice is Australian, though when I narrate I try to take the edge off the accent and aim for a more neutral-to-British sound.

I'm a bit relieved you don't want the full Scottish accent - I learned it for that role specifically and I'm not sure I could do it again for any length of time! That was only a small role, luckily!

Re: HYPHENIC - Want to read for an art project?

Posted: July 13th, 2018, 11:13 am
by mightyfelix
Torfinn wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 3:14 am

Devorah: We would definitely be keen on using your voice. If I´m not wrong you have a kind of neutral American accent? If you are willing to try it out we could send you a text we think suitable.
Yes, I'd be willing to try it. I do think of my accent as a kind of neutral American. Sometimes with just a touch of Texan thrown in, as that's where I grew up. But many Texans I meet on a daily basis assume, from my voice, that I'm from somewhere else! :lol:

Re: HYPHENIC - Want to read for an art project?

Posted: July 15th, 2018, 5:28 am
by Torfinn
mightyfelix wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 11:13 am
Torfinn wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 3:14 am

Devorah: We would definitely be keen on using your voice. If I´m not wrong you have a kind of neutral American accent? If you are willing to try it out we could send you a text we think suitable.
Yes, I'd be willing to try it. I do think of my accent as a kind of neutral American. Sometimes with just a touch of Texan thrown in, as that's where I grew up. But many Texans I meet on a daily basis assume, from my voice, that I'm from somewhere else! :lol:

I think your accent on the recordings I heard was perfect, we just need find a suitable text for you.

Re: HYPHENIC - Want to read for an art project?

Posted: July 15th, 2018, 5:49 am
by Torfinn
Does any of you know if there are some male Scottish readers on here? We also need some male, mature voices. Recommendations are really appreciated!

Re: HYPHENIC - Want to read for an art project?

Posted: July 15th, 2018, 8:28 am
by Horner94
Hello -

Sounds very interesting. I have a Northern Irish accent.

I am new to Librivox, but here is a sample of my voice recorded: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_Horner94.mp3

Look forward to hearing back from you.



Regards,
Chad

Re: HYPHENIC - Want to read for an art project?

Posted: July 16th, 2018, 2:24 am
by Torfinn
Hello Chad!

Thanks for showing interest. I really like your voice and your accent. The audio quality is very poor though. Would you be able to improve this? I will PM you shortly.

Re: HYPHENIC - Want to read for an art project?

Posted: July 16th, 2018, 8:40 am
by Horner94
Hello Tor-Finn,

I really appreciate your comments. I am using Audacity. I have lowered the volume and the updated version can be found at the following link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_Horner94.mp3

Regards,
Chad

Re: HYPHENIC - Want to read for an art project?

Posted: July 16th, 2018, 1:27 pm
by Foon
Hi Tor-Finn,
This looks like a fun project. If you could use another female voice, I'd be happy to help out! I don't have so much as a "real" accent, but English people often think I have a subtle Irish accent (in reality, I'm not a native speaker, which is why my accent doesn't really fit a geographical region). My catalog page is in my signature if you want to give it a listen.

Cheers,
Foon

Re: HYPHENIC - Want to read for an art project?

Posted: July 16th, 2018, 2:44 pm
by SonOfTheExiles
Torfinn wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 3:27 am
SonOfTheExiles wrote:
July 8th, 2018, 2:13 am
Australian accent here.

This would be an example of it being cranked up to maximum: https://librivox.org/bill-doreens-courtship-selections-from-the-songs-of-a-sentimental-bloke-by-c-j-dennis/


Regards,
Chris
Chris: I´m sure there will be a text for you to read. At the moment we really lack male readers. However, none of the texts that are completed would work with an Australian accent (this is strictly a narrative issue). Would you be able to do it a bit more toned down?
I can tone it down, but I don’t think I can entirely eliminate my Australian accent.

This is what it sounds like toned down: http://www.archive.org/download/shakedown_on_the_floor_1804.poem_librivox/shakedown_lawson_sote_128kb.mp3

Regards,
Chris

Re: HYPHENIC - Want to read for an art project?

Posted: July 17th, 2018, 6:18 am
by Torfinn
SonOfTheExiles wrote:
July 16th, 2018, 2:44 pm
Torfinn wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 3:27 am
SonOfTheExiles wrote:
July 8th, 2018, 2:13 am
Australian accent here.

This would be an example of it being cranked up to maximum: https://librivox.org/bill-doreens-courtship-selections-from-the-songs-of-a-sentimental-bloke-by-c-j-dennis/


Regards,
Chris
Chris: I´m sure there will be a text for you to read. At the moment we really lack male readers. However, none of the texts that are completed would work with an Australian accent (this is strictly a narrative issue). Would you be able to do it a bit more toned down?
I can tone it down, but I don’t think I can entirely eliminate my Australian accent.

This is what it sounds like toned down: http://www.archive.org/download/shakedown_on_the_floor_1804.poem_librivox/shakedown_lawson_sote_128kb.mp3

Regards,
Chris

Great, I wasn´t suggesting that you should eliminate it. Will be in touch soon!

Re: HYPHENIC - Want to read for an art project?

Posted: July 17th, 2018, 6:20 am
by Torfinn
Foon wrote:
July 16th, 2018, 1:27 pm
Hi Tor-Finn,
This looks like a fun project. If you could use another female voice, I'd be happy to help out! I don't have so much as a "real" accent, but English people often think I have a subtle Irish accent (in reality, I'm not a native speaker, which is why my accent doesn't really fit a geographical region). My catalog page is in my signature if you want to give it a listen.

Cheers,
Foon

Hello Foon! I really appreciate your willingness to participate. I will PM you soon.

Re: HYPHENIC - Want to read for an art project?

Posted: July 17th, 2018, 6:20 am
by Torfinn
Horner94 wrote:
July 16th, 2018, 8:40 am
Hello Tor-Finn,

I really appreciate your comments. I am using Audacity. I have lowered the volume and the updated version can be found at the following link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_Horner94.mp3

Regards,
Chad

Thanks again Chad! I will answer you by email.

Re: HYPHENIC - Want to read for an art project?

Posted: August 20th, 2018, 9:19 am
by Kozmique
I see I'm a bit late, but are you still looking for readers? I'm an artist from Los Angeles, CA. I have a low, pleasant voice and a neutral, fairly malleable accent that people in other countries often have a hard time placing at first. I'm new to Librivox, and just had my first recording approved: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/swanhilde_12_hauff_128kb.mp3

Re: HYPHENIC - Want to read for an art project?

Posted: August 22nd, 2018, 10:01 am
by Torfinn
Kozmique wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 9:19 am
I see I'm a bit late, but are you still looking for readers? I'm an artist from Los Angeles, CA. I have a low, pleasant voice and a neutral, fairly malleable accent that people in other countries often have a hard time placing at first. I'm new to Librivox, and just had my first recording approved: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/swanhilde_12_hauff_128kb.mp3

Hello! You are not too late. We are still very much looking for readers for the film that will be exhibited on October 20th. Here is a link to the show:

https://www.modernamuseet.se/stockholm/en/exhibitions/moderna-exhibition-2018

I like your voice and accent, but as with a few other people your low audio quality could be an issue. Would it be possible for you to improve on this?

Thank´s for showing interest!