Totally off topic of Librivox! Just need to vent a bit! ;-)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Several months ago, I had a falling out with someone who'd been a close friend for a long time. For some reason, this morning I felt bad about it, and wrote her an email apologizing for anything I'd said that hurt her feelings. She wrote back and we were having a nice conversation, I thought.

Then I made the mistake of sending her a link to my blog, so she could see a photo of my new haircut.

Unfortunately, she decided to read the REST of my blog, including a post I'd written several months ago, where I referred to "a close friend who I used to go out to breakfast with every Monday, who'd gone kind of cray-cray."

Ooops!!! Let's just say that was the end of the reconciliation!! :lol:

Just goes to show, though - be careful what you put out on the Internet - it stays there FOREVER and it'll definitely come back to bite you someday!! :oops:
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

I am so sorry that happened, I can sympathize with you as I lost a friend in the past few months whom I used to be very close to. Some stuff went down with a group of people I should have been able to trust regarding my estranged abusive father. She said that she would be there for me and keep up our friendship even with everything else going on and my choosing to leave etc. Especially as she knew more about the situation than anyone else and had been a similar place when she was younger. We talked for a couple hours and everything seemed good between us, but when I later emailed her inviting to go out for lunch she said she thought it would be better if we are no longer friends. Of course I have never heard from her since, and at this point I don't think I want to.

It is so hard to lose a friend, especially one you have known for a long time. Hang in there though, new friends will come your way, maybe some friendships you already have will grow! And hey, there is always LibriVox! :clap:
~Tiffany
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Thanks, Tiffany! And I'm sorry about your friend, too.

Yes, it is nice to be able to hang out at Librivox and feel like we're doing something useful! :-)
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

It's hard to say what's worse, to have a real fight with somebody, dish it out, dirty laundry and so on, or have somebody just stop all kinds of communication.

If they tell you all they "think about you", it means they actually care for you to know. Technically speaking, they still think about you.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

For myself, It think it is usually worse when the friend goes A-wall, you have no idea where they are at or what they are thinking or if there could be a chance being friends again etc. At least if there is a big argument you know where the other person stands and why they are angry, don't want to talk or whatever the case maybe.
~Tiffany