Other Hobbies?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
paulkass

Post by paulkass »

I like to do yoga from time to time to stretch a bit and make myself move :D otherwise I'm much of a couch potato really. Nice to see some fans of DL here :) I once tried to brush up my German, but eventually ditched it (shame on me, should definitely start again)

almost forgot to mention! I'm a freelance photographer and occasionally take pictures of property all around the world https://tranio.com/greece/adt/1725992/ Sometimes I 'shoot' people too :)
Last edited by paulkass on February 26th, 2018, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

As for DL, a person at another forum said "Let's see how much motivation you still have after completing the tree". And she was right. I left DL soon afterwards...
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
venus12

Post by venus12 »

I love to learn a new language too, I'm thinking of Mandarin.
watekinslet wrote: February 13th, 2018, 6:09 am I've started to pick up a few new hobbies that I'm excited about. One is archery :D Another is learning Spanish. I like the idea of doing archery because it's physical but also has a meditative aspect to it. As for learning a language, I just feel like I want to! Never really known another language other than English, but it's been quite fun learning Spanish with Duolingo.
watekinslet

Post by watekinslet »

Duolingo struggles a bit with making sure you're remembering old words and sentences. It's easy to learn new stuff, but I think it could do a better job of forcing you to retain the things you did last week, or whenever.
Pallow

Post by Pallow »

I work as a copywriter, so it's no wonder, my biggest hobby is reading. I like it and sure it's really important to keep knowledges fresh. Besides, my passion is traveling and bicycle riding. If I have an opportunity, I always try to buy a ticket to another country or city. Also, I'm interested in floristry design :D
lynn0301

Post by lynn0301 »

Mine are playing music (I'm a violinist), crocheting & knitting, cooking, learning foreign languages, and watching figure skating. I'm a former dancer as well, having danced for 8 years as a child. I hope to get back into it this summer :)

Besides being a violinist, I hope to learn the ukulele or the accordion someday (or maybe even both). It's fun to be a multi-instrumentalist! I'm also dying to learn figure skating, but unfortunately, my city doesn't have an ice rink.
Difficile lectu mihi mars et jonicu difficile- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart