Librivox App

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

Hey guys I was wondering if I download an audiobook on my Librivox App on my phone if it will use up internet data when I listen to it? I work outside in the summer and I wanted to listen to audiobooks while I work. I won't have access to the internet on my phone where I work and I don't want to use internet data.
Last edited by pjcsaville on February 3rd, 2018, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Unless another user of the app can answer, you may need to ask the app developer. Even though it's called "LibriVox" we as LibriVox don't own, endorse, administer, develop, or support it (or any other apps). :)

Edit to add: I use a generic audiobook app (Mortplayer). I download files to my phone and play using that app, so I don't use data after having downloaded the files.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Cori

Post by Cori »

I'm not sure either. I do use LibriVox app from time to time, but only on my home wifi. If you're on Android, I can second Mortplayer as good ... I also like Music Folder Player (which does exactly what it says on the tin, plays through a folder, regardless of playlists, artist, etc.)

One way to test would be to try turning your phone to airplane mode, and see if the chapters all play still. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Edmonds

Post by Edmonds »

If you download the mp3 format onto your phone, it doesn't use any data. Only if you don't download it will it use data.
watekinslet

Post by watekinslet »

pjcsaville wrote: February 3rd, 2018, 8:56 am Hey guys I was wondering if I download an audiobook on my Librivox App on my phone if it will use up internet data when I listen to it? I work outside in the summer and I wanted to listen to audiobooks while I work. I won't have access to the internet on my phone where I work and I don't want to use internet data.
Definitely won't use any data when you're simply listening to a downloaded MP3. It's best to download it using WiFI and then listen later.