Mother Kangaroo and Joey

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

They let me approach to within 2 or 3 metres before moving off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F3nO28MFxo&list=PLJCZ8EFJdBMaRawjmBGWY-XZDMtndd2eE&index=4

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Pretty cool!

What was that call at about 0:25? Do you know?
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

I'm not entirely sure what that bird is.

You might find it on this free app. A few of the bird entries have sound files. https://australianmuseum.net.au/field-guide-to-nsw-fauna-mobile-app

Chris
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

You mean you Aussies aren't born knowing all the ways of the wild??? :shock: I thought everyone there had to complete a mandatory walkabout and learn the names and habits of all the various creatures, or something.
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

"I thought everyone there had to complete a mandatory walkabout and learn the names and habits of all the various creatures, or something."

Unnecessary. They come to us: http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/police-chase-rogue-roo-over-harbour-bridge/news-story/e3e7bf634b541462c2eecc88348005d0
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Looked like a wallaby to me, it and the one swimming in the harbour ?
Anne
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

That article though :D
When police arrived the wallaby refused to obey directions and initially evaded police. A short pursuit then occurred
:mrgreen:
Dr Vogelnest told The Daily Telegraph he didn’t think the unnamed wallaby would get fined for not having an e-tag on the bridge, but thought he deserved a medal for surviving
It’s been contained by police, my guess is they’ll be fining it for failing to pay the toll,”
Also, what's an e-tag?
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The bridge is a toll bridge - it used to have toll gates and you had to drop money to get through , but now you have E tags - and it's all done electronically.
Its a little thing you stick on the windsceen and it goes bip when you go under the "gates" . They are probably called different things other places.

Anne

The interview was not serious by the way :D
VfkaBT

Post by VfkaBT »

Its a little thing you stick on the windsceen and it goes bip when you go under the "gates" . They are probably called different things other places.
In the Tampa Bay area, it's called a SunPass . ;)
My previous LV work: Bellona Times
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

It's called TexTag here... Because, you know... Texas. Has to name everything after itself. :roll:
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Well a Vic-Tag or a Tas-Tag would be possible - but you couln't expect a Wallaby to carry a NSW-Tag in her pouch, and where would the boys carry it ?

Anne
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

mightyfelix wrote: February 5th, 2018, 11:43 pm It's called TexTag here... Because, you know... Texas. Has to name everything after itself. :roll:
Well, it’s either that, or name it after that “U.S.A” region beyond the Lone Star State’s border. What’s that stand for again? The United Suburbs of Amarillo, right? :wink:

Chris
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: February 6th, 2018, 12:57 pm
mightyfelix wrote: February 5th, 2018, 11:43 pm It's called TexTag here... Because, you know... Texas. Has to name everything after itself. :roll:
Well, it’s either that, or name it after that “U.S.A” region beyond the Lone Star State’s border. What’s that stand for again? The United Suburbs of Amarillo, right? :wink:

Chris
Hah! Yep, that about covers it! :lol:
watekinslet

Post by watekinslet »

Yeah, kangaroos are surprisingly friendly around humans... I think the red kangaroo is quite ugly, but other breeds are very cute and nice.