[NOT LV]Suggestions for Comic Book or Graphic Novel Adaptations?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
monsterheadaches

Post by monsterheadaches »

Hello!

I have self-published a handful of comic books and graphic novels in the past and am currently thinking about projects for the new year. So I have come to LibriVox seeking great high-concept genre stories to adapt to the form, and wondered if the public domain experts here had any good suggestions for stories that are ripe for a graphic interpretation. I am probably most interested in gothic horror or gritty noir, but may also consider sci-fi and fantasy.

Thanks so much!
Eric
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

There's always Dracula and Frankenstein (the original stories, not the dumbed down fairy tale versions.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
monsterheadaches

TriciaG wrote: January 7th, 2018, 4:42 pm There's always Dracula and Frankenstein (the original stories, not the dumbed down fairy tale versions.
Dracula and Frankenstein always makes for good material, but I was thinking about something a bit more off the beaten path that hasn’t been adapted hundreds of times before (including comics). Thanks.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Check out the staff picks on the homepage (right hand side) or here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Staff_Picks

I always try to include books that people might not have heard of. Usually there's a theme per month.

We've had sci fi in July 13, April 15, Sep 17, ghost stories in Oct 14, Nov 10 and 17, westerns in October 17 and maybe in Jan 17...
Those themes might lend themselves best to a graphic adaptation. Good luck!

Edit: Little Fuzzy, my absolute favourite: http://librivox.org/little-fuzzy-by-h-beam-piper/ :9:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
monsterheadaches

Thanks Ava!
VfkaBT

Post by VfkaBT »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphic_Classics
My brother John is featured in early volumes of this series of comic book adaptations of classic works.
My previous LV work: Bellona Times
michaelwy

Post by michaelwy »

Grant Allen wrote a story about Colonel Clay, a sort of Arsene Lupin character. They have not been adapted much. Also, he wrote a small story about a volcano eruption in London. Then there is Mary Shelley's The Last Man, about a plague.
monsterheadaches

Thanks Michael! Great suggestions.