It's snowing!!!

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
moniaqua
Posts: 1156
Joined: April 11th, 2013, 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in the south

Post by moniaqua » January 5th, 2018, 10:13 am

mightyfelix wrote:
December 7th, 2017, 7:22 pm
And what's more, it actually stuck! It didn't just melt as soon as it hit the ground! :D
So you have stolen our snow! :wink: :lol: :thumbs: Have fun with it :)

We are around 5°C (sorry, don't know the Fahrenheit) and have rain...

mightyfelix
Posts: 2639
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » January 5th, 2018, 10:21 am

moniaqua wrote:
January 5th, 2018, 10:13 am

So you have stolen our snow! :wink: :lol: :thumbs: Have fun with it :)

We are around 5°C (sorry, don't know the Fahrenheit) and have rain...
Meh, you can have it back. It's nice every 8 years or so, as a novelty, you know... But when we get the second snow fall in one winter... Well, that's just preposterous. We're over it now. If I wanted to scrape ice off my car every morning, I'd live in Canada. (No offense, Canada... I just don't want your weather.) :wink:

moniaqua
Posts: 1156
Joined: April 11th, 2013, 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in the south

Post by moniaqua » January 5th, 2018, 10:44 am

mightyfelix wrote:
January 5th, 2018, 10:21 am
Meh, you can have it back.
Ok, just send it back, we'll take it here :lol: :wink:

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 30028
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » January 5th, 2018, 3:28 pm

Todays forecast is 40C - 104 F.

Anne

mightyfelix
Posts: 2639
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » January 5th, 2018, 4:01 pm

annise wrote:
January 5th, 2018, 3:28 pm
Todays forecast is 40C - 104 F.

Anne
:lol:

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1125
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 6th, 2018, 11:25 am

45C in Sydney's western suburbs. http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/penrith.shtml That's about 113F. I've really got to buy a little portable air-conditioner or something one of these days. Shouldn't complain, though. It's like that every day in some places. http://www.bom.gov.au/qld/forecasts/birdsville.shtml

Extra Chris-py
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
_________________
My LV catalogue page
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 39676
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » January 6th, 2018, 11:39 am

annise wrote:
January 5th, 2018, 3:28 pm
Todays forecast is 40C - 104 F.
SonOfTheExiles wrote:
January 6th, 2018, 11:25 am
45C in Sydney's western suburbs. That's about 113F.
We'll take some of that heat, please. Today's forecast high is -17C / 1.4F. Wind chills right now are around -29C/-20F. We broke a low temp record yesterday; I'm not sure about today.

Monday is supposed to get above freezing, though. :) Great weather for potholes and water main breaks.
carteki wrote:
January 5th, 2018, 4:51 am
News today is that it is "so cold" in Florida (5'c) that the iguana's are falling off the trees!
It's bad lizard conditions! :lol:
(That's supposed to be a pun, playing off "blizzard conditions".)

carteki
Posts: 1646
Joined: January 10th, 2015, 9:56 am

Post by carteki » January 6th, 2018, 12:15 pm

TriciaG wrote:
January 6th, 2018, 11:39 am
annise wrote:
January 5th, 2018, 3:28 pm
Todays forecast is 40C - 104 F.
SonOfTheExiles wrote:
January 6th, 2018, 11:25 am
45C in Sydney's western suburbs. That's about 113F.
We'll take some of that heat, please. Today's forecast high is -17C / 1.4F. Wind chills right now are around -29C/-20F. We broke a low temp record yesterday; I'm not sure about today.

Monday is supposed to get above freezing, though. :) Great weather for potholes and water main breaks.
Like Trump requesting more of that Global Warming thing (sic).
TriciaG wrote:
January 6th, 2018, 11:39 am
carteki wrote:
January 5th, 2018, 4:51 am
News today is that it is "so cold" in Florida (5'c) that the iguana's are falling off the trees!
It's bad lizard conditions! :lol:
(That's supposed to be a pun, playing off "blizzard conditions".)
tee hee!

AvaGonzales
Posts: 62
Joined: December 12th, 2017, 12:44 am

Post by AvaGonzales » January 6th, 2018, 1:00 pm

Fair weather here in the lower part of the Northern hemisphere - 24-31C but feels like 26. I can hang clothes alright and have them crisp-dry in a couple of hours! Reducing carbon footprint has never been this economical! :thumbs:
Thanks,

Ava Gonzales


I live in a Life+50 country, lmk if you need my help in any way :)

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1125
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 6th, 2018, 5:15 pm

It's just past 11:00am (daylight-saving time), and we've just gone through the 40C mark, with several more hours for the temperature to climb.

Did I ever mention that, when Australians go to Hell, they send back for their blankets?
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
_________________
My LV catalogue page
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 39676
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » January 6th, 2018, 5:21 pm

SOTE - what is the normal temperature in the middle of winter for you? Say, around July 6th or so?

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1125
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 6th, 2018, 5:43 pm

Outlier weather events aside...

Winter (June – August)
Sydney’s coolest months are June to August when average temperatures drop between 8.8 - 17°C (47.8 - 62.6°F). Sydney’s rainfall is generally highest in June, with an average of 132 mm (5.2”), while July is the coolest month when average daytime temperatures reach just 13°C (55°F).

Coming up to midday, and the Bureau of Meteorology informs me that it just hit 42C
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
_________________
My LV catalogue page
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel

mightyfelix
Posts: 2639
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » January 6th, 2018, 5:59 pm

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
January 6th, 2018, 5:43 pm
Outlier weather events aside...

Winter (June – August)
Sydney’s coolest months are June to August when average temperatures drop between 8.8 - 17°C (47.8 - 62.6°F). Sydney’s rainfall is generally highest in June, with an average of 132 mm (5.2”), while July is the coolest month when average daytime temperatures reach just 13°C (55°F).
See, that's what I like about Texas winters. They're about like that. This year excepted.

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1125
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 6th, 2018, 8:23 pm

And having got to a peak of 43C here, it’s gone 2pm, and the norwesterly wind off the interior deserts has just swung around to the SSE.

New South Wales and Texas ... same-sized States, similar weather. Different hats, though. I wear a Size 64 Cattleman myself : https://www.akubra.com.au/shop-product/country/cattleman---bran
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
_________________
My LV catalogue page
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel

mightyfelix
Posts: 2639
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » January 6th, 2018, 9:11 pm

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
January 6th, 2018, 8:23 pm
I wear a Size 64 Cattleman myself : https://www.akubra.com.au/shop-product/country/cattleman---bran
If you're dropping hints here, I've got bad news for you... Christmas is over.

Post Reply