LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 17th, 2017, 6:43 pm

Post Posted:: September 23rd, 2017, 4:55 am 

The News Quiz is a humorous, satirical radio programme, probably no longer accessible on the BBC web-site, which now needs listeners to register. Jeremy Hardy (and Andy Hamilton) are, to my mind, currently the best contestants. Series 94 of the 22nd and 23rd September has just been broadcast. Jeremy Hardy made some wonderful comments about the British Prime Minister. For example:
Quote:
The weird thing about Theresa May is, not only is she incredibly ambitious and scheming and calculating, but she's really bad at it. She's like a homoeopathic poisoner!

Peter

Post Posted:: September 23rd, 2017, 5:19 pm 

Peter Why wrote:
The News Quiz is a humorous, satirical radio programme, probably no longer accessible on the BBC web-site, which now needs listeners to register.

I love podcasts and Andy Hamilton. I successfully downloaded, and listened to, the latest episode of The News Quiz without registering.

Occasionally the BBC returns a snooty "notuk" to my attempts to get their podcasts (perhaps to those that contain copyrighted content?)

Best,

Barbara