I am obsessed with this America's Got Talent audition...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

And I now feel I need to show it to everyone I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk_qLtk0m2c (seems you can't embed a video here...)

I am a grown man who does not normally enjoy overly cute things like this, but I just can't stop watching.

She is just so adorable, cute, precious, charming, darling (and many other adjectives I never normally use), but most importantly, amazingly talented. And I don't mean 'talented for a 12-year-old', I mean talented. As many people have pointed out in the YouTube comments, she could get through just on her singing.

I have lost count of how many times I've now watched it, and I've even watched all the reaction videos I can find multiple times, just to see other peoples' reactions (some good ones are this guy who freezes in shock, this guy who can't believe what he's seeing, and this girl who looks almost offended).

Please tell me I'm not the only one...

EDIT: I just found this article. Even veteran ventriloquists think she's really talented.
Last edited by JorWat on June 7th, 2017, 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

I agree. She is an amazing talent! :clap: :clap: :clap:
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
denty28bc

Post by denty28bc »

That was cute, not smarmy cute but child showing adults the magic of innocence type of cute. She is certainly a tad apart from others her age and obviously had wonderful support from her family and friends. Here's hoping she reaches her potential. Thanks for sharing.
"The chief function of the body is to carry the brain around."
~ Thomas A. Edison
Johndec

Post by Johndec »

She certainly carries a tune better than I ever could!
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

Johndec wrote:She certainly carries a tune better than I ever could!
Man, I forgot I even posted this here...

Oh, and while I'm updating, I should let everyone know that since posting this, the season has finished, and Darci not only easily got through the Quarterfinals and the Semifinals, but she actually won the whole thing (as I knew she would...).
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.
MillerMePete

Post by MillerMePete »

Hey,

She won the America's Got Talent, and her performance at the finals is incredible. This is a very rare talent.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And that just took me down an hour-plus-long YouTube spiral... An enjoyable one, but still...
RepublicOfVermont
Location: δtsopiaV0175 (ψ-accessible only), μultiverse ΚΣΔ π^-.9

Post by RepublicOfVermont »

I love Black Mirror's version of reality television. That and the fact that the singer who was forced into a self loathing contract was actually singing. Lovely voice. But you can't forget the ending when her forgotten friend makes his own way onto the show in an attempt to prove just how harmful reality tv is to the contestants, win or lose. The judges flip his sincere attempt at this proof on its very head and end up signing him to a soul numbing contract as well. His commercializes any attempt to revolt against the system that exists therein. But it's all fiction, yes?
WHITE PHOSPHORUS was dropped on Palestine tonight.