LibriVox 12th Anniversary

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Are there plans to put together some Twelve, 12, Twelfth, etc titled recordings for LibriVox's 12th anniversary this year? Hope so!
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

I've been idly pondering a 12th anniversary podcast... but am I brave enough to try hosting it? hmmm. maybe...
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

plaidsicle wrote:I've been idly pondering a 12th anniversary podcast... but am I brave enough to try hosting it? hmmm. maybe...
Sounds good to me! :D

plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

well, I'm willing to try if people are willing to contribute segments!
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

I've started looking for appropriately titled copyright free "12" projects and have found several. All in English. I can probably help with proof listening (English language). Possibly record a couple of things, too.

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Those usually have gone in a special collection , not the podcast ?

Anne
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

I guess I brought up the podcast as a related tangent here. I've since posted over in the proper podcast threads to talk about that endeavor.
we can of course do both, I imagine.
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

annise wrote:Those usually have gone in a special collection , not the podcast ?

Anne
Last year, I BC'd the anniversary collection, Maria Kasper (commonsparow3) wrote and directed the song, and Tricia MC'd the collection. (I don't know about a podcast.) I would be willing to BC a collection again, if one of the admin's would MC. It should be easier to get people excited about "twelve," if "dozen" were also acceptable.

If I were to BC this time, I'd like to start a thread now to collect suggestions for reads, with the idea in mind that, hopefully, we'll soon have a substantial list from which people could choose, if they didn't have an idea of their own. Then people could sign for a particular read in advance, the way Ruth used to handle the collection.

In my opinion, Maria's eleventh anniversary song was the best part of the collection!
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

I've found several articles, books, etc. with the required "12" in the title. Should I post them here or wait until a new thread is created for such a thing?

I hadn't thought about using "dozen" as well. That would be great, if acceptable.

I'm willing to be proof listener for this project.

Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

mhhbook wrote:I've found several articles, books, etc. with the required "12" in the title. Should I post them here or wait until a new thread is created for such a thing?

I hadn't thought about using "dozen" as well. That would be great, if acceptable.

I'm willing to be proof listener for this project.
Hi Mary, The anniversary project has jelled over the last few minutes; Tricia will MC, I'll BC, and your offer to DPL is gratefully :D :D accepted! I'm going to post the 12th anniversary collection on the "New Projects Launch Pad" later today (hopefully) The new project will include a place for suggested readings . In the meantime, if you could PM me your list of suggestions, that would be great; then I can have them ready to include in the first post. DOZEN is definitely acceptable, along with "twelve." Other languages are fine too.

Thanks for volunteering to DPL! :clap: This should be a fun project.
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Sue Anderson wrote:if you could PM me your list of suggestions, that would be great; then I can have them ready to include in the first post.
Thanks for volunteering to DPL! :clap: This should be a fun project.
I just PM'd the list to you. Looks like one of the links got knocked off, but should be easy enough to find. Looking forward to working on this. :)

Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

Here is the link to the 12th Anniversary thread:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=65927

And here is the link to the 12th anniversary song: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=66283

JULY 31 is the deadline to add your voice to the 12th anniversary collection: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=65927 :birthday: