screaming demagogue needed for worst books of the bible

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
niobium

Post by niobium » April 28th, 2017, 7:24 pm

I suddenly got the urge to finally completely read the whole bible, but I believe the experience is being spoiled by too many well spoken do gooders who composed the audiofiles. I was hoping that someone had a cover or could share a file or link of the worst books such as Judges, Jeremiah, and Revelation in the voice of a real badass demagogue preferably with slurred speech, throat noises, and thick accents, but I could settle for what you got.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » April 28th, 2017, 10:35 pm

I agree it's not funny , if that's what you mean
We don't allow critical remarks about readers in the forum , so no one will post links to any LV bible readings here , even if they personally think they would suit whatever your purpose is.
And really describing LV readers as "well spoken do gooders" is at the very least non tactful - as well as being an opinion not a fact

Anne

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby » April 30th, 2017, 2:26 am

Hi Anne - this is a repost from the FB page, where it was clearer that this is a request for a particular style of reading. (I remember the FB post because I wondered whether I might try it myself for "Revelation".)

The impression I got was that the OP is looking for readings of prophetic books which evoke the "voice of one crying in the wilderness" reading style - rather than our usual readings which prioritise clarity of the text over everything else.

I think it is actually meant to be a "suggestion" for the "Book Suggestions" forum, although I'm not sure if LV would find appropriate a reading which was deliberately slurred.