What's been in your 'To Record' list for the longest time?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

I've only recorded a couple of things, but one book I'd like to to record, but am currently putting off, is Isaac Newton's Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica. It is "justly regarded as one of the most important works in the history of science", but I'm sure it's not going to be easy to record, due to the number of equations involved (and the fact that no-one else has recorded it yet...).

Also, for a book as well known as it is, it's odd that none of the English translations (it was in Latin originally) are on Gutenberg...
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.
lezer

Post by lezer »

I would never tell here! I don't like doing a version 2 or 3 or more (though it is of course welcome at LibriVox), so I am always worried that someone else would start it before I get to it!
I have one book up my sleeve; found it in a secondhand bookstore, though it is also available fulltext online - so I'm keeping it secret until I get to it ;)
Anna
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

i have adopted two vegetarian cook books (paynes now in readers found and cassells in readers wanted), which were first suggested by a reader in book suggestions back in 2005. ever since i signed up to librivox i have eyed that suggestion and one or two others, and now finally we are moving with them.

good things take time :D
Carolin
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I've got a folder with texts on my computer plus a bookmark folder in my browser, both with suggestions I'm interested in. Mostly it's books by Pansy, but I have some other interests up my sleeve, especially for group projects. I'll start them when I feel like it. If someone starts the group projects before I do, that's fine with me. :)

Kant's Critique of Judgment
Writings of Captain John Smith
Autobiography of Sophia Tolstoy
...among others
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart