DRs on acting resume?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
AgeeC

Post by AgeeC »

Hi, I am an actor who has just started doing audiobooks. I have 2 resumes, 1 for audiobooks and 1 for acting which lists film, theatre, and V.O. (cartoons, etc.). Can anyone in the film/theatre industry tell me if I ought to list my Librivox dramatic readings under V.O. or should I reserve them strictly for the audiobook resume?

Thanks!
Alpine Path: 1/10 recording complete. Post production 1/10
My Librivox Page
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I'd put them in the audiobook CV (only). It might be interesting to someone who makes audiobooks to see your experience, but for an acting gig I don't think they will be impressed - mostly because this is not an "auditioning" production. You can walk right in and record with no experience at all! That's a plus for us, as a volunteer community, but not impressive if you are hoping to show off your acting credentials.

Disclaimer: I'm not an actor, my sister has her actor's equity card though, and I've talked to her about it.
AgeeC

Post by AgeeC »

Elizabby wrote:I'd put them in the audiobook CV (only). It might be interesting to someone who makes audiobooks to see your experience, but for an acting gig I don't think they will be impressed - mostly because this is not an "auditioning" production. You can walk right in and record with no experience at all! That's a plus for us, as a volunteer community, but not impressive if you are hoping to show off your acting credentials.

Disclaimer: I'm not an actor, my sister has her actor's equity card though, and I've talked to her about it.
Well, mostly at this point, they just need to see that I have experience recording an audio drama. Once I get an auditioning gig, the librivox credit would be gone, for sure!
Alpine Path: 1/10 recording complete. Post production 1/10
My Librivox Page