50 Beautiful Sentences is in Literature - Be Inspired.

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
carteki

Post by carteki »

StoryTeller

Post by StoryTeller »

:thumbs: :clap:

The winner for me is:
37. “Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it yet.”
—L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

As my new daily pep talk, I'm going to substitute 'tomorrow' with 'my next recording'. :mrgreen:
~ Georgina ~
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I would have included Henry Lawson's 'Send Round The Hat' sentence: "I s'pose they're bad, but I don't suppose they're worse than men has made them."
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
denty28bc

Post by denty28bc »

“I think myself I ought to be shot for writing such nonsense.... But it's unquestionably good escapist literature and I think I should rather like it if I were sitting in an air-raid shelter or recovering from flu.”
― Georgette Heyer

Her novels are my standby. I had not read this quote of hers until I started to look for likely ones to choose from. A resounding yes, all her novels will be those I reread until I no longer walk this earth.
"The chief function of the body is to carry the brain around."
~ Thomas A. Edison
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

24. “In spite of everything, I still believe people are really good at heart.”
—Anne Frank, The Diary of Anne Frank

This just says it all. Love it! :9:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
kukailimoku

Post by kukailimoku »

“A September sun, losing some of its heat if not its brilliance, was dropping low in the west over the black Colorado range. Purple haze began to thicken in the timbered notches. Gray foothills, round and billowy, rolled down from the higher country. They were smooth, sweeping, with long velvety slopes and isolated patches of aspens that blazed in autumn gold. Splotches of red vine colored the soft gray of sage. Old White Slides, a mountain scarred by avalanche, towered with bleak rocky peak above the valley, sheltering it from the north.”

- “The Mysterious Rider” by Zane Grey
Why yes there IS a blog about choral singing. Thanks for asking.
http://www.thewindwardchoralsociety.org/news/
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

It's not on the list but I really loved this line from J. R. R. Tolkien's Return of the King. I have it underlined lol
"Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach."
grena

Post by grena »

I like this one - I sing myself and celebrate myself. Cool one 8-)
Hämta en dunder bonus från clubben och spela på mobilen eller direkt på sidan om du vill ha den bästa upplevelsen.
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

“The great fish moved silently through the night water.”
― Peter Benchley, Jaws

It is underrated literature.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

Years ago I heard an interviewee, when asked the same question on the radio, nominate:

So he passed over, and all the trumpets sounded for him on the other side. (John Bunyan)

I like it myself - for the music and the weight of the words and for the cheering note of the trumpets welcoming
the dead man. It has, as Bunyan no doubt intended, the resonance of the magical phrases from the King James Version
- many sentences from which would vie for "Most Beautiful in Literature" regardless of our belief or unbelief.

Best,

Barbara
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

barbara2 wrote:Years ago I heard an interviewee, when asked the same question on the radio, nominate:

So he passed over, and all the trumpets sounded for him on the other side. (John Bunyan)"
The PP sentence that stuck most in my mind when I first read it all those years ago is: "Thy way to heaven lies by the gates of Hell."

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
mlee

Post by mlee »

Three principles I live by - by Anonymous:

We don't compete for the Kingdom of Heaven
We don't seek to be better than others - just better
My standards are not higher than others - just different

My favorite question I live by - by Anonymous:
Is there any source from which you are unwilling to accept more truth?

mlee
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

Conscience doth make cowards of us all.