What are you doing for 10k books in 11 years?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
carteki

Post by carteki »

I'm wrapped up in my winter clothes (it's 3C outside) with my knitting ready to start PL'ing ...

Kim
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

It's cold? :lol: I'm staying inside in the air conditioning out of the heat and making sure all claims on my projects are up-to-date. :)
Adele

Post by TriciaG »

I'm hoping that two of my BC projects will finish in July (Criminal Investigation vol 2 and the Nuremberg Trial). I haven't thought much about anything else. I'll probably try to record a few sections in group projects to help them along, but I haven't looked into claims yet.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I plan to finish my solo (6 sections left to record) and my open claims (another 14 sections). Then I'll see what else needs help and pitch in as I can.

I'm also hoping to get one of my BC projects completed - World's Best Literature - and since one of the two open section is mine, I think that should be very doable!

MaryAnn
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I hope to finish my Polish solo. There's also a collection of (mostly very) short non-fiction I'm PLing, so I may decide to contribute some reading too to help it along.
The DR I'm reading for is still far from completion.

@carteki
Are you from the Southern hemisphere? I don't know about other contries, but here, in Poland, it's sweltering.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
tony123

Post by tony123 »

In hot weather I am turning off my refrigerator to work on my solo and forgetting to turn it back on again. I must now eat several frozen potpies sooner rather than later!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I will complete my solo project, get that last section in for the Nuremberg trial (hopefully this week, Tricia :D ), and then see where I can claim some sections to help out. I do have a few more group projects and solos that will finish this month, and maybe I'll post some abandoned solos as group projects, just to clear them out of my folder.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Ah, lots of soloists here!
I like how icequeen phrased her first sentence, so I'll do the same: No plans, no "hope to's", no probably's rather:

I will finish my solo (that would be the one started in November 2014...). This is pretty much top priority.
I have also claimed a bunch of sections in other projects, mostly those I had read for previously.
And I will do a little cheating :oops: : One of my BC projects from this year has 6 open sections - so I will read one of them at least to get it onto the top of the list and then see what's happening. :mrgreen:

There's nothing much I can do about my BC and MC projects; although I nudged one of my BCs and I will edit the section of an AWOL reader for her.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
linny

Post by linny »

My voice has been out for over a week. It think it's getting better but next week I might break down and call the doctor. Pending being able to record, I am:
-PLing everything I find with a ~.
-Not launching any new projects.
-Volunteering to help edit/PL for FULL DRs. (even though not included in the clean up maybe we can clear a couple of these too).
carteki

Post by carteki »

Piotrek81 wrote:@carteki
Are you from the Southern hemisphere? I don't know about other contries, but here, in Poland, it's sweltering.
Yes - and we've just been hit with a blast of air from Antarctica so a little chilly outside.
tony123 wrote:In hot weather I am turning off my refrigerator to work on my solo and forgetting to turn it back on again. I must now eat several frozen potpies sooner rather than later!
Oops - I realised I'd done the same thing - but as its winter here no harm done!
Availle wrote:There's nothing much I can do about my BC and MC projects; although I nudged one of my BCs and I will edit the section of an AWOL reader for her.
Not cheating ... the maths is that we need to top our all-time monthly record by 45 projects or 65 projects since our most recent clean-up in June '15, so the more projects that get finished the better.

BTW ... Tony Addison aka adonis just finished off 42 hours of a solo in 2 months! and not just any solo - Brothers Karamazov! Well done Tony!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Well, our all-time highest output was 144 projects in 4 weeks. Now we have 6 weeks to achieve our goal which is just, just doable I think.

Of course, there is the question whether we all can keep up the speed and bear the pressure for so long... :?

And as you say, adonis' achievement of reading the Brothers Karamazov in 8 weeks is absolutely spectacular! :clap:
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

tony123 wrote:In hot weather I am turning off my refrigerator to work on my solo and forgetting to turn it back on again. I must now eat several frozen potpies sooner rather than later!
every time! :roll:

and yes, thats what i will do this week and next week to help us along to our 10k goal (not eating, recording i mean) :)
Carolin
kayray

Post by kayray »

Hmmm I only have 12 more chapters of Dracula left... Seems do-able!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
dii

Post by dii »

Actually, this cleanup is a perfect motivation for me to get back to LibriVox after a long absence. I will finish the solo I started 2 years ago ( :shock: ), I try to PL works that are fully recorded and waiting only for PLing, especially in other languages (just finished PLing an Italian project). I will also try to claim sections in projects with only a few sections left.

...however I'm leaving for Portugal on Friday so, of course, I will do all this when I come back from the holidays (the 18th) :mrgreen:
Diana
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

These 10000 projects on the horizon seem to put me into sacrificial mode somehow...

- I have just finished an project of one of my disappeared soloists. It's poetry. I HATE poetry. Mostly because, when I trying my hand on writing some as a teen, I was told I was no good at it. :oops: But also because I genuinely believe I am not good at putting enough expression into them when reading - it's poetry, every word counts, no? Nevermind, I really want to put this one behind me... Never again. :roll:

- I have also just finished a 7300 word section - the longest one available - on a group project of mine. This was very selfish really, since when PLed, the project will make the 5-open spot on the completion list. :mrgreen: Let's hope there are more readers willing to read for it. :thumbs:

- And I have taken on one of our group projects in French, opened in December 2010 (!) that needed only some edits. All but one of the readers had disappeared, so I prepared myself to try the edits and then get it catalogued. Now it turns out, that 4 sections have to be reopened because there was a mixup with the textlinks and some sections have been read twice and others not at all... And just to be sure, the other sections should be checked as well - all 79 of them... Big hand for Kitty (Sonia) who's helping with checking this one. :clap: :clap:
And if anybody is confident enough to read 4 sections in French (in total probably less than 15 minutes), please let me know in the recently reopened project thread here:
http://forum.librivox.org/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=29826

Enough ranting for now.
Since I'm so talkative, I should really put it to good use - where's my microphone? :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com