Youngest & Oldest Contributors....

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

Over on a different forum, we were discussing books that would become PD in 2051.

There I made the statement: "I'm sure we have some contributors who are older now, than I will be then; and some current contributors who will be younger then than I am now."

I'm trying to find out if that really true.

Does anyone want to stake a claim to being the youngest or oldest current contributor?

I'm 53, so I'm speculating that we have someone here who's at least 88 (my age in 2051) and someone under 18 (who'll be 53 in 2051).
Truth,
James
---------------------
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

What do you mean by "contributor"? We've had children read parts in plays or even whole books, who were in their single digit years. A parent/guardian managed the forum end for them, of course, and probably edited. But they contributed. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

I'm under 18, and I'll be below 53 at that time. :)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

My 4yo is currently recording her first contribution, and my currently 8yo submitted a recording when she was 4yo as well. I can't remember how old my 6yo was when she did her first recording, but I think she was 5yo - late starter! :lol:

In 2051 they will be 44, 42 and 40yo! Needless to say, I won't be contributing then! :shock:
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Elizabby,

I was 48 years old when I first reported for duty to Librivox.

The fact that there are 5 year olds doing Librivox recordings makes us middle-aged people feel so, so ... oh, what's the word?

Oh, yes ... "inadequate". That's it. :D

Son of the Exiles
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

There used to exist a pinned thread with a spreadsheet where everyone who cared to answer could enter their age. It must have been unstickied.
I suppose that, at 34, I must be somewhere around the typical LV age. At least that was the impression I got when I last checked the age spreadsheet.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

Piotrek81 wrote:There used to exist a pinned thread with a spreadsheet where everyone who cared to answer could enter their age. It must have been unstickied.
That would apparently be: LibriVox Average Age Survey : viewtopic.php?f=25&t=39938
This however, just has a collection of birth years, with no connection to the person, so if someone were to die (or just drop out of contributing), they would still be counted (and counted as getting older).

Then there's : The average age (and birthdays?) : viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2938
On this thread people gave their birthdays in message so we can tie ages to people -- however, that thread is near 9 years old, and I noticed very few active contributors among the posters there. If someone is no longer involved, we really can't count their current age in the average.
Truth,
James
---------------------