Some things just sound funny...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
kukailimoku

Post by kukailimoku »

I'm currently enjoying a Zane Grey novel whose reader is truly spectacular; never a waver in diction, emphasis and emotion added at (at least to me) exactly the right level to bring the story to life.

It's just that...well...a story from the cowboy days in the old west sounds a little funny when told by a woman with a lovely and lilting British accent!

Hearing her say something along the lines of, "I reckon we'll be saddlin' up, I've a hankering for some grub" is tough not to smile at. Yet another reason to love librivox, where you never know what you'll hear when a new chapter starts!
Why yes there IS a blog about choral singing. Thanks for asking.
http://www.thewindwardchoralsociety.org/news/
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I agree, I love the British accent, in fact I love it so much I did it in Robin Hood.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I think it's great. It gave me a completely different impression of the writing - in my mind Zane Grey = pulp trash and hearing it beautifully read has changed my view

Anne
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

annise wrote:I think it's great. It gave me a commpletely different impression of the writing - in my mind Zane Grey = pulp trash and hearing it beautifully read has changed my view

Anne
My Grandpa would practically kill you for that remark. (I think it's pretty lame though)
Aaron