Boaty McBoatface: The New British Polar Research Ship

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Here is the link to a NY Times article: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/22/world/europe/boaty-mcboatface-what-you-get-when-you-let-the-internet-decide.html?_r=0

The British Navy decided to open a poll online for a name for a ship of their's. The winner so far: R. S. S. Boaty McBoatface.

Kangaroo :)

Correction - R. R. S. Boaty McBoatface
Last edited by Kangaroo692 on March 31st, 2016, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vandermast

Post by Vandermast »

I submitted the rather more lyrical Winterheart. But I'd be happy to lose to Boaty McBoatface! :lol:
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Luckily, they're not obliged to accept the popular vote!.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
catrose

Post by catrose »

My vote went to RRS Notthetitanic :lol:

(Seriously though, don't let the British public name anything! We don't take ourselves seriously enough too..)
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

catrose wrote:(Seriously though, don't let the British public name anything! We don't take ourselves seriously enough too..)
Apparently, votes are open and we in the US can vote too. The website will also let you vote 2 or more times.

Kangaroo