What Was Your First Ever Recording?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
sadclown

Post by sadclown »

This is an amusing thread. My first recording is actually what brought me back here after an almost nine year hiatus. A friend happened upon the first version of Jane Eyre and did not enjoy my reading. She checked the name on the chapter to see how many more she would have to listen to by that reader. When she saw my name, she thought it was a funny coincidence and proceeded to tell me how bad this 'lady' was. HA! I was mildly offended at first, but it was my first ever recording here and I think/hope it got better. Either way, it encouraged me to come back, so all in all, it ended up being a positive thing!
Jennifer
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Many of us have first recordings of which we are not particularly proud :D But it's hard to convince newbies that their first solo of a book they joined wanting to read might benefit from a short settling in process. :D , Still if we didn't try to walk until we could do it without support we wouldn't get far.

Anne
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Mine was 3 chapters of Queen Zixi of Ix.

https://librivox.org/queen-zixi-of-ix-by-l-frank-baum/

I had a headset mic then, and I think I remember the plosives being very bad, but not knowing what to do about it.
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

Ha! A post to air your embarrassment in public!

How can I resist?

It's all icequeen's fault. (That's my story - and I'm sticking to it! :wink: )

I won't be so naive as to post a link - I'm sure that anyone who is even slightly interested
will know how to find them - but I read a few chapters for some of her 'help the kiddies learn how to
walk' projects...

I cringe with embarrassment listening to them now!

Admittedly, I'm probably not that much better now - but at
least my audio isn't actually physically painful anymore! (I hope! :lol:)
I have absolutely nothing in this world but time - so I believe I should invest it wisely...
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

My first LV recording - way back in December 2009:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZ3bNo7ZEfWpj5J0lGmDDeiDU8qbGFYffoCk

Microphone was the celebrated Logitech USB wand microphone - I have since upgraded my setup a bit.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page