off-topic number one for me

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
aminminou

Post by aminminou » October 3rd, 2015, 4:20 am

:D The teacher of Civilization asked a question,
In God we trust
how such religious expression printed in such a material paper which is the one dollar.
It is a homework for me to do, and I am considering the points of view for you guys, as a valuable answer.
Thank you :thumbs:
we learn from the past.we forgive for every sad moments.

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle » October 3rd, 2015, 6:45 am

If it's YOUR homework, shouldn't you be doing it on your own and express your own views? :wink:

I'm sure you already asked wikipedia about its opinion:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_we_trust
In 1956, the nation was at a particularly tense time in the Cold War, and the United States wanted to distinguish itself from the Soviet Union, which promoted state atheism.[17] As a result, the 84th Congress passed a joint resolution "declaring IN GOD WE TRUST the national motto of the United States." The law was signed by President Eisenhower on July 30, 1956, and the motto was progressively added to paper money over a period from 1957 to 1966.[
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox. "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com

aminminou

Post by aminminou » October 7th, 2015, 12:57 am

Availle wrote:If it's YOUR homework, shouldn't you be doing it on your own and express your own views? :wink:
yes I should do it by myself first, if I got another one I will write my own then I will ask for your help,thank you :D
we learn from the past.we forgive for every sad moments.