Any Authors out there?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Are there any Authors out there?

I am not published yet but I am working on some books.
Timothy Ferguson

Post by Timothy Ferguson »

Yep, I write roleplaying supplements.
http://www.amazon.com/Timothy-Ferguson/e/B00GTQ45IW
My occasional blog is Games from Folktales
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Oh, Ars Magica! :thumbs:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

I wrote two books for St. Martin's Press:

"The Woman With the Worm in Her Head"

and

"Bitten"

Both in print and doing well.

Pamela Nagami
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Yes. Not sure how to explain, though. :oops:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Morlock wrote:Yes. Not sure how to explain, though. :oops:
Fanfiction? I write some of that in my spare time. If you are on AO3 I'll look you up!

Sadly, most of my writing is for work and would be extremely boring to non-medical people. I'm working on something for a blog at the moment though - not mine, it's a parenting/health blog and I'm working on a guest piece. If anyone wants to read an article on breastfeeding (nursing for Americans) PM me and I'll send you the link. <sound of crickets> :lol:
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

Elizabby wrote:
Morlock wrote:Yes. Not sure how to explain, though. :oops:
Fanfiction? I write some of that in my spare time. If you are on AO3 I'll look you up!

Sadly, most of my writing is for work and would be extremely boring to non-medical people. I'm working on something for a blog at the moment though - not mine, it's a parenting/health blog and I'm working on a guest piece. If anyone wants to read an article on breastfeeding (nursing for Americans) PM me and I'll send you the link. <sound of crickets> :lol:
A03? For me? Well, you really shouldn't look me up on there. I ended up extremely ticked off and deservedly so since I spent a week of my wages toward their parent site, which didn't give a darn. A03 is more about the consumer and less about the giver; total and deplorable waste of excess.

Sound of crickets shows the ultimate waste of all this time online that we are often told is where we should put our efforts... no... the tactile is where the real source is... https://youtu.be/kYy4KnCip6w

btw, I don't do one fandom... I do a plethora...
Charbeli

Post by Charbeli »

Hey, I write short stories and I have been published in two compilations. I write in Spanish since it's my first language. I am working in my own book of short stories.

I also write screenplays!

Charbelí
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Lovely!
Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Charbeli wrote:Hey, I write short stories and I have been published in two compilations. I write in Spanish since it's my first language. I am working in my own book of short stories.

I also write screenplays!

Charbelí
Nice work! I forgot - I also wrote a one-act play which won 2nd prize in a local contest. Actually, I wrote it for my sister to act in, but it was a nice bonus to win some money! I'm working on another play but it is going quite slowly.

Pam, I'll send you the link when the blog article goes live - it isn't up quite yet, I think Jan, when everyone comes back from holidays.
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thanks, Elizabeth. Will read with interest!
Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
VfkaBT

Post by VfkaBT »

One of our former admins, Neeru Iyer, has just had her book of short stories published. Although she now lives in the States with her husband, she was recently back home in India to promote the release. Unfortunately, this happened the week of the devastating typhoon that hit that particular area. Neeru, ever the volunteer, suspended her book tour and focused on getting supplies to the community. Her publisher graciously donated proceeds from book sales to help in local relief efforts.
My previous LV work: Bellona Times
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

VfkaBT wrote:One of our former admins, Neeru Iyer, has just had her book of short stories published. Although she now lives in the States with her husband, she was recently back home in India to promote the release. Unfortunately, this happened the week of the devastating typhoon that hit that particular area. Neeru, ever the volunteer, suspended her book tour and focused on getting supplies to the community. Her publisher graciously donated proceeds from book sales to help in local relief efforts.
It's a fine thing to discover that even when someone is looking forward to the celebration of their efforts, if a tragedy strikes they will drop everything and offer support. Well done. Well done, indeed. :)
kukailimoku

Post by kukailimoku »

As a few others do, the bulk of my writing has been for work (tech manuals, magazine articles, etc.) but I did manage to scribble some things for both Whole Air and Hang Gliding magazines for several years. Good fun, no pay. Thank goodness for blogging just to let the creative juices continue to flow. I actually published a collection so that I could print one copy to give to my folks, but you might enjoy it. It's from a real estate blog that I had a blast writing. It's entitled "Things That Fell Out of My Head" and is free for download on lulu http://www.lulu.com/shop/briggs-christie/things-that-fell-out-of-my-head/ebook/product-17392251.html. Don't look for literary brilliance just some somewhat different views on the real estate business (and a bit of silliness from time to time).

My current blog is for a non-profit choral society (yeah, still writing for free), if that's of interest to you the link is in my sig line. Some useful things and also a bit of silliness. A recent entry will give you the flavor of the thing (and you'll see that was a bad pun).

http://www.thewindwardchoralsociety.org/2016/03/07/windward-notes-call-me-simple/
Why yes there IS a blog about choral singing. Thanks for asking.
http://www.thewindwardchoralsociety.org/news/