Any Authors out there?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
catrose

Post by catrose »

Gosh, these are fascinating Pam! Wow. Just read the beginning of Worms and I'm already considering buying the audiobook. Though I'm incredibly squeamish (I watch House hidden behind my hands most of the time) so I may not get to the end, depending on whether it's going to make my skin itchy...
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Is that you narrating them too?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

No, Anne. They got a voice actor. She did a nice job.
Pam

And Catrose,
Thanks for your enthusiasm! The Worm book is the best and sometimes available in libraries under the original title of "Maneater" (also the name of the audiobook). it's very "Housy", but maybe not for the squeamish.
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour »

I've read The Woman with the Worm in her Head; enjoyed it....interesting, educational, and nice writing.
Critical feedback is ALWAYS welcome - in the forum or via PM
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Whoa, JenniferFour, amazing! Glad you enjoyed it,

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

pnagami wrote:Whoa, JenniferFour, amazing! Glad you enjoyed it,

Pam
Do I see correctly that Amazon offers an abridged audiobook of "Maneater" :) Kinda paradoxical, seeing what you're doing here. Did you hear that version? If so, what did you think about it?

About the book itself, I wonder if it will be translated into Polish :hmm: Just the descriptions of some of the stories sound scary :shock:

I've just read the description of "Bitten" too. Do people really bite their spouses' noses? :shock:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

HI Piotrek81,

I didn't mind the abridgment because it was skillfuly done. I do not think that the books will translated into Polish, but thank you very much for your interest! I didn't mean to write a scary book, but it turned out that way because of the infections I was treating.
Yes, apparently, vengeful nose biting used to happen in a few parts of the world.

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
Vandermast

Post by Vandermast »

Good to see all the creative juices dripping down this thread! :P :lol:

I write role-playing material for Tunnels & Trolls with chums at Tavernmaster Games. 8-)

My fantasy stories and my prequel to Shakespeare's The Tempest are here. :D

And, as shamelessly plugged on another thread, there's my limerick version of the Bible. :wink:
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

That's great; Tunnels & Trolls was the first rpg I played ... well over thirty years ago ... though I moved to Call of Cthulhu later. I still have my copies of Sorcerer's Apprentice (barring the first two, which I missed). I won a few dollars from them for having rpg limericks published, and had a trap published in Grimtooth's Traps Two.

I did find the luck rolls in T&T a bit too difficult to pass, and felt that the game needed to accept the use of D10's for a percentage roll instead.

I didn't realise that the game was still being played. I might look out some of my early scenarios and see if I can reformat them for publishing.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
Vandermast

Post by Vandermast »

Deluxe T&T, wholly revamped, is just out in hardback, Peter. :D
VfkaBT

Post by VfkaBT »

https://archive.org/details/FragmentsCC2016

I self-published this recently. About half the stories are science fiction; the others deal with family and social issues. The long story that ends the book, Vertical Challenge, has gotten a positive review from a colleague. 8-)

Note: as there are some adult themes (nuclear war, sex, racism) here, I'd give Fragments a PG or PG-13 rating.
My previous LV work: Bellona Times
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

I liked your second story very much, BT.
Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
VfkaBT

Post by VfkaBT »

Thank you. It was based on a real incident in Sarasota, FL around that time, but that ending was more tragic. :(
My previous LV work: Bellona Times
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Ah, I see. Good way to write, BT.
Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson