Any Authors out there?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

I'm an unpublished author. I only started recently and it's almost taking me away from Librivox entirely. I've bee pretty much unaware of anything outside of my projects. And they've been going almost no where. While now I'm procrastinating on my wring and looking around LV.
-Bria

Dramatic Readings of Bible passages

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Click here to read about it.
VfkaBT

Post by VfkaBT »

Breeze wrote:I'm an unpublished author. I only started recently and it's almost taking me away from Librivox entirely. I've bee pretty much unaware of anything outside of my projects. And they've been going almost no where. While now I'm procrastinating on my wring and looking around LV.
Write a page a day on specific things. If you're a mom, write about how your child plays, eats, or talks. Write a page on the day's weather, or people you interact with at your local market. Gradually, longer stories develop. Change the names and locations, even the time period, if you know past history.
My previous LV work: Bellona Times
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I write and illustrate. I make cryptogram books. Mostly, I write westerns under the pen name Crystal Anne Tilden. When I was a little girl, I wished I could become a coloring book artist among other things. Since it has become a fad, I figured the time was right so I have a coloring book, too.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
McFarlane

Post by McFarlane »

Actually yes, I have published a novel and I am working on another right now.
Dillon A. McFarlane
Self-Published Author
Singer
Actor

Scotland!
jesse76

Post by jesse76 »

So interesting to see all the different kinds of writing people are doing!

This year I published /The First Book: Twentieth Century Poetic Careers in America/ -- an exploration of poetic debuts.

http://blog.press.princeton.edu/2015/09/03/an-interview-with-jesse-zuba-author-of-the-first-book/

http://www.amazon.com/First-Book-Twentieth-Century-Careers-America/dp/0691164479?ie=UTF8&keywords=Zuba%20The%20First%20Book&qid=1464699412&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Cheers,
Jesse
Roohi

Post by Roohi »

i write books for children
My latest publications are The ValueBox a programme of 20 short stories for primary school children teaching basic values like honesty, kindness, courage etc.published by Paramount Books Pakistan.
Two other stories of a similar nature are being published by Oxford University press Pakistan.
Roohi
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Currently I am working on a couple of books I was going to write at age 7 or 8; they about "Elijah World", my imaginary book world... But now that I am getting better at it, I am starting more books to write, then I am to finish.
jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

I've been working on for few Fanfictions and stuff, but I'm recently working on a Fantasy Novel "Jack Pringstone" which will be a series (if possible). . . This project will be the longest that I have written. Working on over 50 pages. :?

Here's my profile : https://www.wattpad.com/user/Fantine_Dream
~Jessie

Epic Music composer studying Film and Media Arts, BA :D
I love lights, camera, colors, and story!
Here are some tunes I made.

Staying in the U.S. starting Fall 2021.
readinglover

Post by readinglover »

Yes,
I've done some fan fiction for personal enjoyment (Quincy) And written two historical novels based on one of the characters ("what would he do if he was in ancient Japan?" started one off) I submitted these to Amazon and got over 500 downloads when I offered them for free but not enough to earn one cheque when I offered them for sale. :( :)
Readinglover
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

readinglover wrote:Yes,
I've done some fan fiction for personal enjoyment (Quincy) And written two historical novels based on one of the characters ("what would he do if he was in ancient Japan?" started one off) I submitted these to Amazon and got over 500 downloads when I offered them for free but not enough to earn one cheque when I offered them for sale. :( :)
Readinglover
Yes, I notice a great deal of greed these days, and very little in the way of discussion for the better. I weep for the future.
Nicholas19

Post by Nicholas19 »

Dear all,

As you know, I've been a bit inactive on LibriVox as of late. Mostly the distractions of life and work, etc. Sometimes work is the main distraction, sometimes life. Actually, I got rather ill a few weeks ago and had to have my appendix removed (in Saudi Arabia of all places). I'm much better now and back at work.

Anyway, I thought I'd drop you all a line to let you know about my latest project. I have just self-published a novel for the first time, called Green Monk of Tremn, Book I: An Epic Journey of Mystery and Adventure. It is currently available on Amazon Kindle for FREE (for today and tomorrow only). So if you do have a Kindle, which I assume most of you do, or Kindle app at least, I'd kindly encourage you to download my book and check it out. And if you would be so kind as to leave an honest review on Amazon, that would be highly appreciated.

Here is the LINK (Amazon.com).

Or for my fellow Brits, here's the Amazon.co.uk LINK.

And here is a short description of the book:
"Green Monk of Tremn is the story of Ifunka Kaffa, a green-skinned alien boy from the planet Tremn who was abandoned by his mother and raised by his uncle and aunt, only to see them slaughtered at the hands of vicious assassins. This is the story of how Ifunka becomes a monk, facing unimaginable trials and ordeals. One day, his friend goes missing and he sets out with two other companions on an epic journey of adventure, mystery and intrigue. The three boys battle with their emotions, discover new truths and fight against terrible monsters and evil forces. It is a journey through the darkest of woods and hidden cities, through ancient kingdoms and lost valleys. It is a journey which you will never forget!"
Please note that I will also be self-publishing a non-fiction book shortly, which I will also let you guys know about.

Best regards,
Nicholas J. Bridgewater

"The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens."
- Baha'u'llah
See: http://bahai.org/

Some Answered Questions.
The Promulgation of Universal Peace, Vol. I.
An Elementary Greek Grammar.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Downloaded! :D
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Roger

Post by Roger »

Published and copyrighted a biography in 2015 of a bygone era U.S. Major League baseball player, published by Trafford. About 7 years (off and on) of research and final compilation.

http://www.amazon.com/Hal-Schumacher-Prince-Giants-Dolgeville/dp/1466985003/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433392155&sr=8-1&keywords=Hal%20Schumacher&pebp=1433392155458&perid=0GFPGE44E0WDJ03CJ3AF

Currently working on a fiction mystery novel. Only a working title at the moment.
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
Nicholas19

Post by Nicholas19 »

icequeen wrote:Downloaded! :D
Much appreciated! ;)
Nicholas J. Bridgewater

"The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens."
- Baha'u'llah
See: http://bahai.org/

Some Answered Questions.
The Promulgation of Universal Peace, Vol. I.
An Elementary Greek Grammar.