Chronicles of Narnia

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Kangaroo692
Posts: 1949
Joined: August 21st, 2014, 9:34 am
Location: Probably the holodeck :)
Contact:

Post by Kangaroo692 » April 19th, 2015, 11:43 am

Is anyone else here obsessed with the Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis? I've read all 7. I was recently on a national radio show discussing them (called-in). :shock:

I've also been reading the Lord of the Rings.

jessieyun0404
Posts: 1478
Joined: September 3rd, 2014, 6:18 am
Location: Republic Of Korea
Contact:

Post by jessieyun0404 » April 19th, 2015, 3:06 pm

Me! Me! Me! :D

I love Chronicles of Narnia!
~ Jessie (Jisu)

I'm starting my college life. I don't know when I'll be back. . .
Portfolio Website

Kangaroo692
Posts: 1949
Joined: August 21st, 2014, 9:34 am
Location: Probably the holodeck :)
Contact:

Post by Kangaroo692 » April 19th, 2015, 3:09 pm

Then I am not alone. :D

annise
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 30403
Joined: April 3rd, 2008, 3:55 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by annise » April 19th, 2015, 3:28 pm

If you do a forum search on Narnia you'll find many others enjoy the books too :D

Anne

Kristingj
Posts: 4368
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » April 29th, 2015, 12:51 am

I do, I do, I do!!

Peter Why
Posts: 4295
Joined: November 24th, 2005, 3:54 am
Location: Chigwell (North-East London, U.K.)

Post by Peter Why » April 29th, 2015, 1:32 am

I think "The horse and his boy" was going to be the next film in the series before they stopped producing them. A shame, because it's my favourite. I wonder how they would have handled it.

Peter
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world is either a madman or an economist." Kenneth Boulding, 1973

Kristingj
Posts: 4368
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » April 29th, 2015, 1:42 am

Peter Why wrote:I think "The horse and his boy" was going to be the next film in the series before they stopped producing them. A shame, because it's my favourite. I wonder how they would have handled it.

Peter
Wow, that would have been interesting. I used to watch the old series a lot as I grew up, and when I read the book I was so disappointed that they hadn't made it.

Kangaroo692
Posts: 1949
Joined: August 21st, 2014, 9:34 am
Location: Probably the holodeck :)
Contact:

Post by Kangaroo692 » April 29th, 2015, 7:06 am

In my opinion, The Silver Chair is the scariest! :shock:

I've never seen the movies, do you recommend them?

Kristingj
Posts: 4368
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » April 29th, 2015, 7:11 am

I've only watched the two first, and I was mad at how they made the relationship between Susan and Caspian romantic (seeing as he is 13 (or something)!). After that I stopped watching. I love the series though, I really feel like they got the vibe:D

Kangaroo692
Posts: 1949
Joined: August 21st, 2014, 9:34 am
Location: Probably the holodeck :)
Contact:

Post by Kangaroo692 » April 29th, 2015, 7:20 am

Kristingj wrote:I've only watched the two first, and I was mad at how they made the relationship between Susan and Caspian romantic (seeing as he is 13 (or something)!). After that I stopped watching. I love the series though, I really feel like they got the vibe:D
It's amazing how the movie companies have to just change everything around. :roll:

Kristingj
Posts: 4368
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » April 29th, 2015, 7:39 am

Kangaroo692 wrote:
Kristingj wrote:I've only watched the two first, and I was mad at how they made the relationship between Susan and Caspian romantic (seeing as he is 13 (or something)!). After that I stopped watching. I love the series though, I really feel like they got the vibe:D
It's amazing how the movie companies have to just change everything around. :roll:
I know, It's the "Hollywoodisation". It's ridiculous.

Kangaroo692
Posts: 1949
Joined: August 21st, 2014, 9:34 am
Location: Probably the holodeck :)
Contact:

Post by Kangaroo692 » April 29th, 2015, 7:55 am

One of my family's favorite things to do is to (after we read the book) watch the movie, and point out any differences we see. :D

What is your favorite Narnia book?

Kristingj
Posts: 4368
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » April 29th, 2015, 7:59 am

Ohhh... I think it's hard to pick, but I would have to say The Horse and his Boy. What's yours?

Kangaroo692
Posts: 1949
Joined: August 21st, 2014, 9:34 am
Location: Probably the holodeck :)
Contact:

Post by Kangaroo692 » April 29th, 2015, 8:00 am

Overall... either The Last Battle or Prince Caspian.

Kristingj
Posts: 4368
Joined: June 9th, 2011, 4:28 am
Contact:

Post by Kristingj » April 29th, 2015, 8:06 am

Yeah, I love them both as well. I just love the way we get to see the four kids from the outside in the horse and his boy.

Post Reply