World Cup Brasil 2014 (football/soccer)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

OH, I thought they had finished! :oops: Scrub that then. Shows how much notice I have been taking! :lol:

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Piotrek81 wrote:I wonder if the players in teams opposing Suarez's are going to put some sort of bite-guards or repellents from now on :mrgreen: Will be intersting to see what new nickname he'll be given, too :mrgreen:
Something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvnsg-pr-UE (It doesn't work, unfortunately ;).)

Ruth
Hanny

Post by Hanny »

The Netherlands will win of course!!!!! :lol: :lol:
At least, I hope so :|

But, as someone said before, it will be really nice because they have played in the final match quite a few times, but never won!! :cry: Hopefully this time, there is going to be a different ending!! :wink:
Happiness is not a destination, it's a way of life
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Yeah, the Netherlands is the only country to have advanced to the final 3 times only to have lost on each occassion. I wonder how they will fare this time.

I hope either Ghana or Algeria will make it to the second round, especially after Ivory Coast blew it in the game against Greece.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Hanny

Post by Hanny »

WOWOWOW, we won again yesterday!! :clap: :clap: It was so close!! :D :D

It was 0-1 for Mexico, and then, in the 88th minute, Sneijder made a goal!!

And, as the cherry on the cake, Robben fell and there was a penalty which Hunterlaar kicked in!!

Hooray! Let's tackle Costa Rica now. :D :D :D

Sorry, I'm just so happy! Hopefully I didn't offend any of you! :)
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Yesterday Algeria put up really strong resistance to Germany. Still, it lost and so did Nigeria so no African teams in the quarterfinals again. I wonder if US will manage to overcome Belgium- Wilmot's team was predicted before the event to be a dark horse, but even though they've won all the matches so far, they don't impress.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
sarahsyahiirah

Post by sarahsyahiirah »

Hey can I join in?

I feel so bad for the Chileans. It seems unfair for a mere pole to decided win and loss. But a game's a game. Quarter finals almost done and semis coming up. I'm visioning Netherlands vs Germany for finals. How bout you guys?

Sarah
He who looks outside, inspired. He who looks inside, awakens. - Carl G. Jung
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Seeing as Brazil will have to finish the tournament without Neymar and they won't be able to use Thiago Silva, I think Germany will go to the final. Right now, Argentina is winning against Belgium and I think that The Netherlands will overcome Costa Rica (though I'd like to see a surprise in at least one of these games, it would be interesting). I won't try to guess which one of these will go all the way to the final, though :)

EDIT: And now di Maria is out of the game until the end of the tournament too.
Hanny

Post by Hanny »

sarahsyahiirah wrote:Hey can I join in?

I feel so bad for the Chileans. It seems unfair for a mere pole to decided win and loss. But a game's a game. Quarter finals almost done and semis coming up. I'm visioning Netherlands vs Germany for finals. How bout you guys?

Sarah
I hope so too! Netherlands vs Germany. But actually I think that Brasil will win from Germany. Everything is possible however. :D Especially with Neymar left out.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hanny wrote:I hope so too! Netherlands vs Germany. But actually I think that Brasil will win from Germany.
germany is looking towards the next game pretty pessimistically.

im sort of hoping that it wont come to a NL/D final: i am a german expat in the netherlands, and there are no two countries in the world that hate each others football clubs more than the netherlands and germany. i wouldnt like to get caught in the middle of that...
Carolin
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

there are no two countries in the world that hate each others football clubs more than the netherlands and germany
I think English football fans might quibble with that :lol:. Fortunately, however, our team is so bad that it rarely comes to a showdown with Germany.

Ruth
scout

Post by scout »

Content retracted.

Daniel
Last edited by scout on February 27th, 2015, 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
The quality of an audiobook of fiction may be defined by its technical quality, the author's
storytelling abilities, and the narrator's ability to capture the mood of the text.
— scout
Hanny

Post by Hanny »

RuthieG wrote:
there are no two countries in the world that hate each others football clubs more than the netherlands and germany
I think English football fans might quibble with that :lol:. Fortunately, however, our team is so bad that it rarely comes to a showdown with Germany.

Ruth
Yeah, I understand you :)
We will see next wednesday!! :D
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hokuspokus, I don't think it's a good time for recording anything :lol:

In case you're wondering what I'm talking about, Germany has just crushed Brazil 7:1 :shock: This score will no doubt be remembered in the history of World Cup and football in general.
Siny

Post by Siny »

I need to say I am a little proud of them! That is amazing!
Poor poor Brazil...