Would You Rather... - The game of Icky fun! [FORUM GAME]

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
DivMS

Post by DivMS »

I would prefer to be taught something boring or disagreeable by someone you really liked and respected because I will at least listen to him/her :P

Would you rather live in a palace made of gingerbread or stay in a cave full of books?
Divya
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Cave full of books. (Easy choice).

On Christmas, would you rather wake up extra-early, knowing you'll need an afternoon nap later or sleep in and be fully rested.

Happy holidays.

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

I'd rather wake up early knowing I'll need an afternoon nap and then, when things settle down and I could have taken that rest, be so excited that sleep was out of the question!

For the rest of your life, would you rather be able to only eat a few bites of your favorite foods each dday--just enough to keep you from clinically starving--or eat only bland foods, but as much as you wanted, all day long?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

bethesdalily wrote:For the rest of your life, would you rather be able to only eat a few bites of your favorite foods each dday--just enough to keep you from clinically starving--or eat only bland foods, but as much as you wanted, all day long?
I only eat a few bites each day anyway, so I'd take the first one!

Would you rather lose all access to LibriVox and all of its functions (no posting, uploading, listening, etc) for a week, but still be able to record and edit your own files, or lose your recording equipment and software for a week, but could still be active on LV?
MultiMrWeb

Post by MultiMrWeb »

I'm back to check up on stuff. I noticed this game has died down a bit.

Probably losing the editing stuff for a week. I don't really record stuff here anymore.

Would you rather swallow 10 peices of gum or
Nonstop chewing 1 peice of gum for a week.
Sincerely, Me
-----------------------------------
The Would You Rather Topic (Forum Game)
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

I don't know its just weird... How do you decide?... I HATE the feeling of swallowing gum and if I have a piece I usually chew it for ages, so I'll go with chewing for a week.

Would you rather for one month lose sight in one eye or be deaf?
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
Foon

Post by Foon »

Win2017 wrote: November 19th, 2018, 6:08 pm Would you rather for one month lose sight in one eye or be deaf?
Oh, deaf for sure; I get easily overstimulated by sounds, so being deaf would be a sort of blessing in disguise for me!

Would you rather have all your shirts be two sizes too big, or
Have all shirts be one size too small?
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Good Lord, woman. Two sizes too big. I have a sewing machine.

Death by hanging, or blunt force trauma to the head?
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

I guess my love of CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds, and British murder mysteries has helped me to ruin the Game of Icky Fun! I will change my question.

Would you rather spend an hour talking to Jeffrey Dahmer, or Adolph Hitler?
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

I know I shouldn't answer twice but...

I really can't decide. The thing is I would pick Dahmer just cause I study psychology and I think the reason he put for why he did it all was just a cover for a deeper reason; father issues. I would like to talk to him about that. However, to talk to Hitler would be the best study ever... Like who better to talk to and pick their brain?... I'd have to go with Hitler. You have to pick Hitler :?

Would you rather read only Archie comics everyday for six months or read only poems by Tennyson for six months.

(that is such a weird question, I don't know why I thought of it, or even what I would pick. Probably Tennyson)
Last edited by Win2017 on November 30th, 2018, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
Foon

Post by Foon »

Hmm, tough one. I'd probably go with Archie comics; I'd prefer reading Tennyson poetry, but I'll probably run out very quickly and be stuck rereading the same thing over and over again for six months! :hmm:

Would you rather time travel 200 years forwards, or 200 years backwards in time?
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Haha, I know I am answering myself. I just want to clear up a point... I've never actually read more than one Archie comic all the way through. My brother is really into Tennyson, so that was the reason I thought it up. I would have to go with Tennyson, cause even though you would be reading the same thing over, you could maybe come away with something. Whereas, with Archie you would come away Riverdale crazy :lol: 8-)

Can I please answer :shock: :P even though I don't want this to be the actual answer. I just want to say I would definitely go back 200 yrs!!!! That would be so awesome. I could talk to my two favourite authors. There would be no cars, none of our crazy hustle and bustle. Horses only!!! Ok, yes that probably does sound weird. But I don't feel like we'll be here anymore in 200 yrs so...

I am leaving this question again... Would you rather time travel 200 years forwards, or 200 years backwards in time?
Hope Kuerschner

Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

200 years backward for sure! With everything going on in the world, who knows what will happen in 200 years. Plus I hate uncertainty.

Would you rather be able to speak every language or only be able to talk to animals?
A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

That one is simple for me! :) I love animals, but I also love languages and studying as many as I can access. So I’d definitely pick speaking every language. (That’d be handy around here, wouldn’t it?!)

Would you rather have a parrot or a puppy for your pet?
~Rosebud
dvandervis

Post by dvandervis »

I would have to go with parrot. Puppies are cute and all, but parrots are amazing and while we don't have birds, my husband and I tend towards the less common pets.

Would you rather be a world class distance swimmer, or a world class rally car driver?
Diana V.

Constructive criticism is always welcome. Do I need to slow down? How's my enunciation? Did I stumble, or pause too long? Please let me know!