Pets and instruments

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
catrose

Post by catrose »

Is there a collection or anywhere for PD music to go to? I think I'd love to hear you all :D
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
dejanristic1983

Post by dejanristic1983 »

Hi1 I am an accordion player. I have been playing the accordion since I was seven. I like the instrument because that makes possible for you to share your soul with it. I also like the violin. But I fall in love with wind instruments. I am fascinated with the bagpipes. You are required to perform three actions at the same time. 1. Blowing into the bagpipe bag, 2. Pressing the bag, 3. Handling the holes on the pipes. Am I wrong? as for the pets, I had a dog called Ben. My family and I liked the name very much. Thankful to Darvinia for posting this thread!
dejanristic1983

I do not play the bagpipes. That's why I asked the question 'am I wrong'. Never have I had a chance to hold them in my hands. Youtube helped me to find out that there are as many American girls as you wish playing the bagpipes. Ice queen mentioned the flute. I think the instrument suits her librivox name. Both her name and the sound of the instrument are tender to me. Have you ever listened to the bagpipe masters? If not, I recommend you to listen to Kaba Gaida. It is a Bulgarian piece. When you listen to them, your head starts spinning as fast as a chainsaw chain. I am duty-bound to say that girls who play the bagpipes have so much energy and strength to perform these three actions at the same time. Your homework friends to memorize these actions and to know them by heart whenever I asked you to tell them to me. Do not be angry, I'm just joking. But, isn't it true? The bagpipes require a bagpipe player to do that.
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Just to clarify. I didn't post the thread, so thanks to Fiddlesticks for doing that. I did point it out to Dejan. :)

As to bagpipes, unfortunately, I'm negatively biased because I have a neighbour ... well, he actually lives half a block away ... and he plays his bagpipes outside every nice summer day ... badly! And he plays Amazing Grace ... over and over and over and over again. I pity his closer neighbours.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I'm getting bad thoughts about your other hobby, Darvinia. :twisted:
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I hope your thoughts are about the bag being accidently deflated ?

Anne
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Ah, yes, that's it, yes, yes... phew. Image

Ruth
dejanristic1983

I have had a chance to hear the bag deflating and inarticulate sounds of the pipes. It sounds like a chair scraping over the floor. The same goes with a clarinet. I have also heard a man talking about the bagpipes being too loud. Whenever he plays them, he protects his ears a little. wind instruments are loud a bit. The clarinet is among them. But, they can be managed by practicing every day. I also love to hear the saxophone. May I say that Ruth has saxophone-like voice? I hope she'll not be angry with me. When you listen to the notes from C1 to G1, it is the pitch of Ruth's voice while reading.
J_N

Post by J_N »

1. recorder, melodica, keyboard, piano (all at around ABRSM grade 3) and I recently started learning violin

2. bunny ("Schnuffi"), cat ("Daisy"), followed by two cats ("Mephisto" & "Alina"), unfortunately Mephisto got FIP and we had to put him to sleep :cry:, got another cat ("Sayuri", rescue cat from Spain) not knowing that chances would be high the remaining cat was a FIP carrier - after ~5 yrs. Sayuri got sick, too :cry: Alina is still very much healthy and alive, though :9: *knock on wood 3 times*
oh and some fish in a tank :)
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

dejanristic1983 wrote:May I say that Ruth has saxophone-like voice? I hope she'll not be angry with me. When you listen to the notes from C1 to G1, it is the pitch of Ruth's voice while reading.
I'd rather be a saxophone than a bagpipe (laughs). A tenor sax, I think - very mellow (smile).

Ruth
dejanristic1983

It means that I was not mistaken describing Ruth's voice. It would be foolish of me to say that her voice is a bagpipe-like one. Your voice has nothing to do with the bagpipes and it does not remind me of anything in relation to them.
dejanristic1983

I do not know the name of a guy who reads the first chapter of 'The woman in white'. Do you agree that his voice is: soft, tender and warm. When I listen to his voice, I have a feeling that I have just been given a freshly baked, warm and soft doughnut. If I had a chance to see suddenly, I think that my feelings and additional senses would be killed on the spot. as you can see, I compare voices to the objects I touch. for instance, Lizzie Driver's voice reminds me of a beach ball. why so? This because both her voice and a beach ball are smooth.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Tim Bulkeley is the reader you are thinking of. Yes, he has a very warm and friendly voice. I love that book.

Ruth
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

RuthieG wrote:I'm getting bad thoughts about your other hobby, Darvinia. :twisted:
They'll never prove it was me!
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
agnoscomihi

Post by agnoscomihi »

I've been into music for a number of years now, learned the flute in middle school then went on to play the tenor sax in High School. Both of those were pricey though and I was tired of renting so I picked up a guitar and started singing. Now I busk and jam out all the time! One of my new years resolutions is to learn piano, so I'm Hot Cross Bunning it on that too now. Here's some bad recordings of me playing. I've been meaning to record more stuff I know but I'm waiting until I fix some minor problems on my axe.

https://soundcloud.com/marcosgomez-3