Things I will never understand.

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

Morlock wrote:
aaronml wrote:I will never understand why older people don't like Pop Music. (I am 12) :evil:
Wow! Is that still a problem? I'm always amazed to find that out. I'm an old-fart (41) and I'm still awaiting new material by the Spice Girls. (I saw them in concert. All five.)
Really? :thumbs:
Aaron
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

aaronml wrote:
Morlock wrote:
aaronml wrote:I will never understand why older people don't like Pop Music. (I am 12) :evil:
Wow! Is that still a problem? I'm always amazed to find that out. I'm an old-fart (41) and I'm still awaiting new material by the Spice Girls. (I saw them in concert. All five.)
Really? :thumbs:
Oh yes. I did. And I have all the biographies and solo albums. Still waiting for more!
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

"I will never understand why older people don't like Pop Music. (I am 12) :evil:"

Well, consider that there's probably a few gangs of two-old-year delinquents who can't understand what you really old 12-year-olds have got against "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and "Kookaburra Sits In The Old Gum Tree". :lol:

Son of the Exiles
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:"I will never understand why older people don't like Pop Music. (I am 12) :evil:"

Well, consider that there's probably a few gangs of two-old-year delinquents who can't understand what you really old 12-year-olds have got against "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and "Kookaburra Sits In The Old Gum Tree". :lol:

Son of the Exiles
I like Kookaburra...
Aaron
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

Besides, a lot of people in their 20's and early 30's like Pop. I think it's a generational thing. (I'm now 13)
Aaron
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Well, someone told me they didn't like modern music because they can't understand the lyrics. And I can understand people hating a lot of today's songs because of the trashy-ness. But I like the un-trashy ones and, personally, got... that... Sunshine in my pocket, got that good soul in my feet...Image
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

lol! :lol:
Aaron
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:"Kookaburra Sits In The Old Gum Tree".
I gotta look this up... :lol:
aaronml

Post by aaronml »

"Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree, merry merry king of the bush is he, laugh, kookaburra laugh, kookaburra, gay your life must be. Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree, eating all the gumdrops he can see, stop, kookaburra stop, kookaburra, save some there for me."
Aaron
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

"Kookaburra sits in the old gumtree, seeing all the monkeys he can see. Wait! Kookaburra, wait! Kookaburra, they look funny to me..."

(An additional verse I found online. Hm, so any other songs we can sing? :wink: )
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

aaronml wrote:Besides, a lot of people in their 20's and early 30's like Pop. I think it's a generational thing. (I'm now 13)
I'm kind of different I guess, I'm 14, and when I listen to music I don't listen to pop, or rap, or any of the other stuff my friends listen to. I listen to folk-rock from the British isles, and a little from the US, and some of that is reminiscent of American popular music, but has none of the synthesizers and loud bass notes. It uses many of the "pop" chord progressions, however, and I guess it's similar in that way...

Oh, and I also like the Kookaburra song. :wink:

(think I had posted here before, but it got erased...)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

I do love that "Rambling Irishman" song. :)
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Then you might like some other Wolfe tones songs, like Galtee Mountain Boy, Farewell to Dublin, and Spancil Hill.

Kangaroo.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

I gotta check those out! Thanks! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Oh, yeah, I finally got chance to listen to these songs. I think my favorite is the "Galtee Mountain Boy" one. (Probably because it sounded the most like "The Rambling Irishman," in my opinion. :wink: )