Things I will never understand.

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
leonidas444

Post by leonidas444 » December 7th, 2016, 6:13 am

:hmm:

I'll never understand why people watch so much TV (with tons of commercials!), when they could read (and listen) books.
A movie can be seen also in internet or cinema.

I have a television at home, and most of the time, it is watching me while I'm reading a book. ;) :clap:

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Carolin » December 7th, 2016, 6:17 am

i dont own a tv. i watch what i want online, and that is very little (mostly news). but i have stopped telling people in real life that i dont have a tv because im afraid they take me for an elitist hipster queen (which i am but try to hide) :lol:
Carolin

Please help us finish The Theory and Practice of Brewing and learn about beer!

JorWat

Post by JorWat » December 7th, 2016, 8:14 am

leonidas444 wrote: :hmm:

I'll never understand why people watch so much TV (with tons of commercials!), when they could read (and listen) books.
A movie can be seen also in internet or cinema.

I have a television at home, and most of the time, it is watching me while I'm reading a book. ;) :clap:
Because reading a book and watching TV are completely different things? I've been watching the BBC's Planet Earth 2 recently, and I'm quite sure no book could be interesting in the same way.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

linny

Post by linny » December 22nd, 2016, 9:36 am

I will never understand why the components of making a handmade blanket, quilted or crocheted, is SO MUCH more expensive than purchasing one already made. [sigh] I like to make blankets but the cost of the yarn and especially material is beginning to make these items unrealistic. I wonder if these will become lost arts? :(

Jan_M

Post by Jan_M » December 27th, 2016, 8:21 am

linny wrote:I will never understand why the components of making a handmade blanket, quilted or crocheted, is SO MUCH more expensive than purchasing one already made. [sigh] I like to make blankets but the cost of the yarn and especially material is beginning to make these items unrealistic. I wonder if these will become lost arts? :(
Not in my house, linny! I'm an avid crocheter and have more afghans in my house than I can give away!

I buy inexpensive acrylic yarn to crochet with, a few skeins at a time. If I try a new pattern and don't like it, I can "frog" it and reuse the yarn in a scrap project or just toss it. And recipients of gift afghans appreciate acrylic yarn because they can machine-wash and -dry the afghans.
Meet [url=http://librivox.org/mary-cary-frequently-martha-by-kate-langley-bosher/][b][u]Mary Cary, Frequently Martha[/u][/b][/url]