LibriVox Average Age Survey

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Petra

Post by Petra »

No worries, Catrose. :) That sort of coincidence is bound to happen, really!

Thank you for entering your data.
bascomjean

Post by bascomjean »

What a fun idea!
Raybrite

Post by Raybrite »

I got a message that said Google was running a long script. When that stopped is went to 100 an dwould not let me enter mine. (1/1/1940).
Thanks.
catrose

Post by catrose »

Raybrite wrote:I got a message that said Google was running a long script. When that stopped is went to 100 an dwould not let me enter mine. (1/1/1940).
Thanks.
I've added it for you :D
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
Petra

Post by Petra »

Thanks for keeping an eye on this, Cat! :)

I've only been dropping in on this sporadically in the last couple of months, so I only just noticed that one of the instruction boxes has been cleared. I can't work out what it used to say, so maybe it wasn't a very important one? :roll:
catrose

Post by catrose »

I took a look and I can't figure it out either! :)
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
Cori

Post by Cori »

If you are signed into a Google account, you can look in File > See Revision History (the greatest invention since the slicing of the bread) and from that I have refilled the box with:

3. This should duplicate the year-counting formula and spit out your age (approximately).

:D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
catrose

Post by catrose »

Cori, you're a genius! :clap:
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

Petra

Post by Petra »

Ooh, that's neat! Thank you, Cori! :D
Paul E J King

Post by Paul E J King »

When I tried to follow instructions, the age in column B did not appear automatically. I had to type it in.

With the stats background I have, as I understand these things, it won't be more than an informal survey, since there is a likelihood of non-response bias whenever something like age is asked for. Non-responders can affect the average. However, the way it's done does eliminate response bias (people lying to you about their age), or mitigate it in a big way, so that is a big plus.

There is the other problem of an absent-minded participant entering themselves more than once. Not sure if that's an issue.
catrose

Post by catrose »

Fixed now :D
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

Petra

Post by Petra »

Don't worry about the accuracy of the results, this was just set up for fun. It makes it clear just how diverse a community LibriVox is, which is frankly fantastic!

So thank you for participating. :)
kandi1234

Post by kandi1234 »

catchpenny wrote:I think I broke it.

LOL! me too! i think i did i right cat...but i am a blonde...so....
kandi1234

Post by kandi1234 »

sorry! i meant petra!!! lol! there goes the blonde again!! :)
kandi1234

Post by kandi1234 »

ps way to go rockstar on setting this up! totally genius! :)