what do you do while you proof listen?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

i dont think this question was asked before, and i was always wondering: what do people do while they proof listen if they do not read along with the text? i personally need to keep my hands occupied, so since it is winter time, i knit, mostly. or i play tetris online. or, as i do right now, i stare at the ceiling wondering what on earth my upstairs neighbors are doing with these strange noises coming from there.

what do you do?

CK
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Right now, either Spider Solitaire or Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook. My choice of games has changed occasionally, however. ;)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
dii

Post by dii »

Yeah, I play games too :D Like solitaire and minesweeper... to keep it simple :D
Diana
prwells32

Post by prwells32 »

Depends. Most of the time I just load the recording onto my iPod and go about doing a few things while I listen, if word-perfect isn't requested of course.
Patrick

Enjoy Tom Swift? Perhaps you would enjoy a book about him meeting up with some Diamond Makers
Or perhaps you'd rather talk about music with children.
aravis

Post by aravis »

I usually put all PLing on my ipod too, so that I can listen while doing housework or on my way to work. But most of the time I either knit or play video games. Right now I'm totally addicted to Anthill on ipad. :D
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
anna

Post by anna »

I cross stitch or knit Image

:D
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.
jollyrogered

Post by jollyrogered »

If I'm at home, I embroider. I could never PL anything word perfect, because I cannot sit still for that. I always end up reading ahead and getting absorbed in the text, and soon I've stop listening all together.

95% of my PLing is done while I'm at work though. I do data entry for a legal library, so as long as I'm just entering and not researching I can listen to the files.
duck... duck... ZOMBIE!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Wow. I can't do anything verbal (even scanning unrelated text or data entry) while PLing. My language center is NOT duo core! :roll:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sound strange, but I did wordcountings while I pled. The combination kept me concentrated in both errias, since I need to do something elce while wordcounting (otherwise it getts annoying), and I need to move my hands while I pl.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

I have found I can do other reading and listening and still PL without any problem; depends on how interested I am in the story. If it is one I really want to listen to, I don't do either of those but can stay busy with my hands doing work, driving, etc.

Usually I like to do it while I am planning World Domination but that is going pretty slow at this time. :mrgreen:
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Invariably fall asleep. Even (or maybe especially) when proof-listening my own stuff.

I wake feeling much refreshed. :D

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

My favorite duty for PLing is when I dissect yeast cells. (that's when everyone is supposed to ask: how can you dissect a unicellular organism?). It's a very repetitive, boring thing to do, and I have to be looking in the microscope all the time, it gets pretty dull.

Else I do it in the train, but it's seldom that I take it without kids, so it's not that often. I remember PLing XYZ for Carolin and missing my stop :lol:
Regular hosuechores work too.
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

neckertb wrote:I remember PLing XYZ for Carolin and missing my stop :lol:
ha, i remember you mentioned that. sorry! :D

CK
Hazel Pethig

Post by Hazel Pethig »

I usually PL while I am baking. I make lots of large batches of bread, and tons of baked goods. It is much easier to listen to my mp3 player than try to follow along with the tv in the other room

--Hazel
[size=150][i][color=cyan]Eat.[/color] [color=blue]Sleep.[/color] [color=darkblue]Read.[/color] [color=indigo]Repeat.[/color][/i][/size]
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

I usually read along with the text, but sometimes if I'm too tired to read I play solitaire. Occasionally I tidy my room whilst PLing :)