You know you're addicted to LV when...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl » June 2nd, 2010, 4:16 am

markpenfold wrote:....when you have no problem skipping meals for days so you can record just...one...more...section.
The LibriVox diet. :)
Karen S.

aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw » June 2nd, 2010, 1:03 pm

Starlite wrote:......when you go away on vacation and bring your recording equipment.... just in case you get some quiet time! ( I just packed my Zoom H2)

Heading 'up north' to Thunder Bay on Friday for 2 weeks. Far away from 'civilization' lol.

Esther :D :9:
Do you mean something like this Esther? :D
Mountain Lake Campground in Summersville WV, this April.

Be sure to get a recording of them mosquitoes and blackflies :shock:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!

aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw » June 2nd, 2010, 4:00 pm

You know your addicted when...
you keep your wife company, she's sewing in the basement - me, just outside in the dining shelter, with the laptop, doing some PLing, getting dripped on in the pouring rain because the seams in the roof leak :lol:
Last edited by aradlaw on June 3rd, 2010, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!

Jessi

Post by Jessi » June 3rd, 2010, 8:12 am

gypsygirl wrote:
markpenfold wrote:....when you have no problem skipping meals for days so you can record just...one...more...section.
The LibriVox diet. :)
And should your stomach complain about that, you just edit out all his rumblings :wink:

Starlite

Post by Starlite » June 5th, 2010, 10:20 am

aradlaw wrote:
Starlite wrote:......when you go away on vacation and bring your recording equipment.... just in case you get some quiet time! ( I just packed my Zoom H2)

Heading 'up north' to Thunder Bay on Friday for 2 weeks. Far away from 'civilization' lol.

Esther :D :9:
Do you mean something like this Esther? :D
Mountain Lake Campground in Summersville WV, this April.

Be sure to get a recording of them mosquitoes and blackflies :shock:
Too funny David! Fotunately, I only needed to pack the Zoom H2! (I don't own a lap top.)

Esther :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw

Starlite

Post by Starlite » June 25th, 2010, 4:47 pm

... you come to the LV forum because the DJ's blog you were reading was just too full of grammatical and spelling errors!

.... you were the last poster in 'you know you are addicted thread'. :roll: :mrgreen:
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw

Hazel Pethig

Post by Hazel Pethig » June 25th, 2010, 5:18 pm

You know you are addicted to Librivox when you have the forums set as your home page. :lol:

--Hazel Image
[size=150][i][color=cyan]Eat.[/color] [color=blue]Sleep.[/color] [color=darkblue]Read.[/color] [color=indigo]Repeat.[/color][/i][/size]

neckertb

Post by neckertb » June 26th, 2010, 1:10 am

I know what you mean Hazel :D

... when the weather is really nice, it is the first summer evening, and instead of reading a book in the garden you go back inside and record.
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 » July 2nd, 2010, 7:17 pm

...You get excited when you get a copyright clearance OK from PG on a book you really want to record!

(It is a rule 6 copyright book - I knew it wasn't renewed but to be to get PG to clear it - yea!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » July 2nd, 2010, 8:17 pm

...you do your thing on LV, then log out, then log back in because you got a PM, then are bummed because there are no new posts since your last visit, so you post in the "you might be addicted" thread.

Totally hypothetical, of course. :roll:
Mystery stories: The Master of Mysteries
Kerner Report on 1967 race riots: LINK
Mussolini's speeches thru 1923: LINK
The Medici family history: LINK

thistlechick

Post by thistlechick » July 2nd, 2010, 8:40 pm

m8b1 wrote:...You get excited when you get a copyright clearance OK from PG on a book you really want to record!

(It is a rule 6 copyright book - I knew it wasn't renewed but to be to get PG to clear it - yea!) :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHOOOOHOOO! Yea, I totally get geeked about that too! =)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!

Jan_M

Post by Jan_M » July 6th, 2010, 6:46 am

m8b1 wrote:...You get excited when you get a copyright clearance OK from PG on a book you really want to record!

Yes! I had my first experience of that this weekend and startled my DH by yelling out loud when I read the e-mail! I had done research at the U.S. Copyright Office in Washington, D.C. during a vacation trip to determine that a copyright had not been renewed, and was excited that PG validated my research after nearly two months of suspense. Truly a thrill!
Meet [url=http://librivox.org/mary-cary-frequently-martha-by-kate-langley-bosher/][b][u]Mary Cary, Frequently Martha[/u][/b][/url]

Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p » July 21st, 2010, 11:21 am

When you spend an hour repeatedly refreshing the main page of the forums, just so you can catch a significant post number for 'Been Around the Block.'

And when you spend the time you're not clicking composing a fifth birthday poem for LibriVox.
So little space, so much to say.

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa » July 22nd, 2010, 12:25 pm

... you remember you too have something you should be keeping an eye on on the stove when you have to reread a sentence you just recorded: la Thénardier souleva le couvercle d'une casserole qui bouillait sur le fourneau (basically, a woman lifts the lid of a cooking pot).
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau

Lecteurs de poésie : RDV ici.

neckertb

Post by neckertb » July 27th, 2010, 11:34 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus