You know you're addicted to LV when...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

...your browser's home page is http://librivox.org/forum/index.php.

Sorry if this or something like it has been posted previously, but I'm not going to wade through 10+ pages of posts (not quite, at least).
Paul
[b]DPL: [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12852]Brigands of the Moon[/url]; [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13151]Brain Twister[/url][/b]
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

PaulW wrote:...your browser's home page is http://librivox.org/forum/index.php.

Sorry if this or something like it has been posted previously, but I'm not going to wade through 10+ pages of posts (not quite, at least).
Hee hee well it's not my home page but it IS the first on the favorites toolbar!!

Esther :D
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
Julila

Post by Julila »

... spend nearly two hours searching for that perfect way to put up your hair in order to accomodate your head phones... :oops: :oops:
The good news is I found it :).
Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!

Mr. Wooster, how would you support a wife? Well, I suppose it depends on whose wife it was, a little gentle pressure beneath the elbow while crossing a busy street usually fits the bill. (P.G. Wodehouse)
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

When you wish the baseball game you're listening to on the internet would end already because you want to proof listen! Image

I gave up after 22 innings and just went to bed.
[/size]
If not now, when? Wake up and live!
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Julila wrote:... spend nearly two hours searching for that perfect way to put up your hair in order to accomodate your head phones... :oops: :oops:
The good news is I found it :).
Oh now that's a unique one!! :lol: Please share!

Esther :D
Julila

Post by Julila »

Well, I have two excuses for it really. First of all, my ear is still sore from a lasceration some time ago, so too much pressure on it from my glasses and my head phones will hurt after a while. Secondly, I got my headphones from a friend of mine. They're not the regular sort of headphones: they go to the back of my head in stead of the top of it, kind of like these. They're a bit too big though and threaten to slide of my ears half of the time. I had some difficulty too with my hair. I couldn't keep those headphones on under my hair, nor on top of it when loose, and when put up there wasn't enough room for them to stay on properly.
But as I said, I found a solution to keep them perfectly in place. I first make a ponytail on top of my head and then a bun, but in a way that I put a couple of strands of my hair in a loop around my headphones to support them and keep everything securely in place with bobby pins :lol:.
It took me a while to figure it all out, but I'm quite satisfied with the result :wink:.

Mr. Wooster, how would you support a wife? Well, I suppose it depends on whose wife it was, a little gentle pressure beneath the elbow while crossing a busy street usually fits the bill. (P.G. Wodehouse)
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Julila wrote:
But as I said, I found a solution to keep them perfectly in place. I first make a ponytail on top of my head and then a bun, but in a way that I put a couple of strands of my hair in a loop around my headphones to support them and keep everything securely in place with bobby pins :lol:.
It took me a while to figure it all out, but I'm quite satisfied with the result :wink:.
Genius!! :lol:
Julila

Post by Julila »

Thank you! *bows to crowd* :P

Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

Julila wrote:Well, I have two excuses for it really. First of all, my ear is still sore from a lasceration some time ago, so too much pressure on it from my glasses and my head phones will hurt after a while. Secondly, I got my headphones from a friend of mine. They're not the regular sort of headphones: they go to the back of my head in stead of the top of it, kind of like these. They're a bit too big though and threaten to slide of my ears half of the time. I had some difficulty too with my hair. I couldn't keep those headphones on under my hair, nor on top of it when loose, and when put up there wasn't enough room for them to stay on properly.
I've never before seen a single post on LibriVox that so screamed for a photograph. I have the same glasses/too much hair problem as you. :P
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
Julila

Post by Julila »

Here you are :mrgreen:

Image Image Image

Cori

Post by Cori »

Oh, WHAT beautiful hair you have, Julila!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

You do have nice hair Julila. I have long hair but not nearly as thick as yours. My headset just sits over my head and seems to stay in place ok.

Esther :)

Oh and another sure sign of addiction is that whenever I see the word "law" I think it stands for "Laurie Anne Walden" hee hee. Similar things happen when I see other MC initials hanging about. Ok gotta go get a life>>>>>>>
Julila

Post by Julila »

Why, thank you :)!

Oh, and here's another example of LV-addiction. I was thinking about the possibility of recording a poem by Robert Browning we were discussing today in class, when the lecturer asked me to read the poem aloud. I very nearly escaped saying "How they brought the good news... by Robert Browning. This is a Librivox recording... etc" :lol:. I wonder what she would have said, had I actually started the LV disclaimer :mrgreen:.
She did say my reading was good though! Go me! Image

anoldfashiongirl

Post by anoldfashiongirl »

Tehe These are all so funny!

I know am addicted when I start reading a new book and I say
"This is a LibriVox Recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. To learn more info or to volunteer....please visit LibriVox.org"

My 9 y/o brother even goes around saying having heard me say it so many times!
~~~ Jami ~~~

Your Life is an occasion, rise to it.
- Mr. Magorium

Signature Loading
(89%/100)
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
CalmDragon

Post by CalmDragon »

...When your operating system's start up sound is:
anna wrote:"This is a LibriVox recording"
and the shutting down sound is:
Starlite wrote:"end of chapter"