LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 19th, 2017, 4:53 pm


Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 7 of 9  [ 127 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Author Message
Offline
Post Posted:: April 19th, 2016, 10:41 am 

Joined: April 3rd, 2016, 5:08 am
Posts: 217
I will actually curse out loud when the telephone rings or someone knocks when I am recording. WAY TO RUIN THE MOOD ! Especially when you are working on a dramatic reading.

_________________
Lian Pang

All art is quite useless. - Oscar Wilde


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 4th, 2016, 6:06 pm 

Joined: February 10th, 2016, 10:02 am
Posts: 585
pnagami wrote:
I live in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, it almost never rains here, except a little this winter, but my nemesis is the gasoline-powered leaf blower. The gardeners arrive around 8:30 weekdays and the noise starts up!
Also, I live under under the flight path of the Van Nuys airport. I think I have mentioned this before, but I need to get it off my chest again.

Pam


Wow, small world - I live not too far from there myself so I know exactly what you mean!
In my neighborhood we also have lots of chickens - noisy, noisy chickens!!


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 19th, 2016, 7:30 pm 

Joined: July 15th, 2015, 6:42 am
Posts: 3132
Location: California, USA
Stoogeswoman,

Do you live near the Van Nuys airport or under its flight path?

Pam

No chickens in my neighborhood

_________________
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 20th, 2016, 5:23 pm 

Joined: November 5th, 2014, 2:35 pm
Posts: 255
People who schedule a booooorrrrinnnnngggg meeting at 4:30 on a Friday.

Zzzzzz

_________________
Why yes there IS a blog about choral singing. Thanks for asking.
http://www.thewindwardchoralsociety.org/news/


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 20th, 2016, 8:23 pm 

Joined: February 10th, 2016, 10:02 am
Posts: 585
pnagami wrote:
Stoogeswoman,

Do you live near the Van Nuys airport or under its flight path?

Pam

No chickens in my neighborhood


Hi Pam -

We're in Reseda, slightly to the south of the flight path. (So it would hit the chickens, not us. :lol: )


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 21st, 2016, 5:57 am 

Joined: July 15th, 2015, 6:42 am
Posts: 3132
Location: California, USA
Lovely, Stoogeswoman!
I'm in Encino. It's nice to know a fellow Librivoxer is so close!
Pam

_________________
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 28th, 2016, 4:18 am 

Joined: November 3rd, 2011, 2:02 pm
Posts: 3075
Location: Poznań, Poland
Continuing with the plane theme...

Air shows and recording don't mix... :roll:

_________________
Come help us record The Deluge THE DELUGE IS BACK!
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 3rd, 2016, 1:00 am 

Joined: January 10th, 2015, 9:56 am
Posts: 1566
When you have a whole mass of files to download for PL and the internet speed is 1/10th of normal :(


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 26th, 2016, 4:42 pm 

Joined: April 30th, 2013, 7:34 pm
Posts: 691
I'm between a train bridge and a highway bridge, more like under the train bridge, near the LaGuardia Airport, with 24/7 garbage collection. Amtrak trains only take a few seconds to pass, but freight trains...that's time to take a break. Then, of course, there are circling helicopters, jackhammers, and sirens. Thanks for letting me finally share all that!

_________________
Peace be with you,
Sister


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 8th, 2016, 11:02 am 

Joined: February 10th, 2016, 10:02 am
Posts: 585
My husband just restored a big chiming clock which sits in the living room, giving out Big Ben-style chimes every quarter of an hour. Usually I turn it off while I'm recording, but sometimes I forget, then suddenly:

bing bong bing bong
bong bong bing bong
bing bong bing bong
bong bong bing bong
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!

etc. - you get the idea!! :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 8th, 2016, 12:17 pm 

Joined: April 30th, 2013, 7:34 pm
Posts: 691
stoogeswoman wrote:
My husband just restored a big chiming clock which sits in the living room, giving out Big Ben-style chimes every quarter of an hour. Usually I turn it off while I'm recording, but sometimes I forget, then suddenly:

bing bong bing bong
bong bong bing bong
bing bong bing bong
bong bong bing bong
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!

etc. - you get the idea!! :mrgreen:


Do you turn it off while sleeping?

_________________
Peace be with you,
Sister


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 10th, 2016, 12:46 pm 

Joined: February 10th, 2016, 10:02 am
Posts: 585
Monaxi wrote:
stoogeswoman wrote:
My husband just restored a big chiming clock which sits in the living room, giving out Big Ben-style chimes every quarter of an hour. Usually I turn it off while I'm recording, but sometimes I forget, then suddenly:

bing bong bing bong
bong bong bing bong
bing bong bing bong
bong bong bing bong
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!

etc. - you get the idea!! :mrgreen:


Do you turn it off while sleeping?


*I* would, but *he* won't - he loves hearing it!!

And yes, I could (and probably should!) turn it off while I'm recording, but I keep forgetting. :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 12th, 2016, 6:37 pm 

Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Posts: 7353
Location: Florida, USA
...when you are sick and have been without a voice for going on three weeks and you've PLed everything you can find with a ~ and you can't find anything more to do? [sigh]

I'm pathetic when I'm sick. :cry:

_________________
My DPL list


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 12th, 2016, 7:06 pm 

Joined: April 30th, 2013, 7:34 pm
Posts: 691
linny wrote:
...when you are sick and have been without a voice for going on three weeks and you've PLed everything you can find with a ~ and you can't find anything more to do? [sigh]

I'm pathetic when I'm sick. :cry:


I'm so sorry you lost your voice! That happens to me frequently, but I've never PLed. I'm just out of commission.

_________________
Peace be with you,
Sister


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 12th, 2016, 7:15 pm 

Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Posts: 7353
Location: Florida, USA
Monaxi wrote:
I'm so sorry you lost your voice! That happens to me frequently, but I've never PLed. I'm just out of commission.

Oh my! If I couldn't keep myself busy with PLing and editing I don't know how I would survive being sick this long. I'm exhausted from television.

I'm sorry to hear this is a recurring thing for you. I've never lost my voice before. It's definitely not fun.

Be well,
Linny

_________________
My DPL list


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group