Don't you hate...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Bookworm360
Posts: 387
Joined: December 25th, 2017, 11:23 pm
Location: Beaversdam, Narnia

Post by Bookworm360 » February 18th, 2021, 3:22 pm

It depends on the project, but I’m open mightyfelix! :D
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Check out these projects:
Understood Betsy(Dramatic Reading)

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7531
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » February 19th, 2021, 9:55 pm

Bookworm360 wrote:
February 18th, 2021, 3:22 pm
It depends on the project, but I’m open mightyfelix! :D
Thanks for the offer! Turns out all three of the original DPLs are still around and still interested, so that was an easy hurdle! But you're welcome to read some in any of them. They're all linked in my signature.

Piotrek81
Posts: 3950
Joined: November 3rd, 2011, 2:02 pm
Location: Poznań, Poland

Post by Piotrek81 » February 20th, 2021, 12:11 am

I thought about adopting the Grail one at some point but the presence of multiple quotes in other languages deterred me. Hopfully other folks will able to do them justice :)
Come help us record The Deluge THE DELUGE IS BACK!
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7531
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » February 20th, 2021, 8:24 am

Piotrek81 wrote:
February 20th, 2021, 12:11 am
I thought about adopting the Grail one at some point but the presence of multiple quotes in other languages deterred me. Hopfully other folks will able to do them justice :)
I didn't notice that! :shock: Sheesh, what kind of a BC am I? :roll: I'll have to look it over more carefully and add notes about the languages to the MW. Thanks!

AngeliqueAnja
Posts: 205
Joined: December 2nd, 2020, 11:43 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Post by AngeliqueAnja » February 20th, 2021, 1:53 pm

Realising that "Cat like tread" actually sounds like a herd of thundering elephants... (Or is that just my two delightful girls?)

Piotrek81
Posts: 3950
Joined: November 3rd, 2011, 2:02 pm
Location: Poznań, Poland

Post by Piotrek81 » February 20th, 2021, 2:08 pm

....when you select a rare case of a translated Polish short story and you start recording it to contribute to a Short Story Collection, but then you gradually become more and more annoyed with the translation and, as a result, you are not even sure if you're going to complete the recording. :roll: (it's a long one, so I've only got a half of it ready so far)
Come help us record The Deluge THE DELUGE IS BACK!
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS

JoannaHoyt
Posts: 138
Joined: January 10th, 2021, 8:27 am
Location: Orwell, NY, USA
Contact:

Post by JoannaHoyt » February 21st, 2021, 11:24 am

...when you find a lovely George Herbert poem for Lent on the Poetry Foundation page, and Bartleby has the same title so it must be public domain and eligible for the short poetry collection, and you start to read... and it turns out that Bartleby's version leaves out all the interesting stanzas in the middle

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 49710
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » February 21st, 2021, 11:35 am

Oh, man...

What's the Bartleby link? Maybe we can find an original of it.
We're MARCHing to the finish line! Join our project cleanup month initiative. Details HERE

KevinS
Posts: 10555
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » February 21st, 2021, 11:53 am

JoannaHoyt wrote:
February 21st, 2021, 11:24 am
...when you find a lovely George Herbert poem for Lent on the Poetry Foundation page, and Bartleby has the same title so it must be public domain and eligible for the short poetry collection, and you start to read... and it turns out that Bartleby's version leaves out all the interesting stanzas in the middle
https://archive.org/details/poemsofgeorgeher031171mbp/page/n21/mode/2up?q=lent
Not feeling well. I'll get back to work as soon as possible. My LibriVox: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/13278

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15085
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 21st, 2021, 3:20 pm

Don't you hate when the weekend isn't long enough to catch up on all the stuff left over from the week? :roll:

JoannaHoyt
Posts: 138
Joined: January 10th, 2021, 8:27 am
Location: Orwell, NY, USA
Contact:

Post by JoannaHoyt » February 21st, 2021, 3:35 pm

Thank you very much! The full version of The Temper is there! :clap: :clap: :clap: I'll remember to check this site next time as well as Bartleby and Gutenberg. I really appreciate your taking time to find this for me.

KevinS
Posts: 10555
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » February 21st, 2021, 4:19 pm

JoannaHoyt wrote:
February 21st, 2021, 3:35 pm
Thank you very much! The full version of The Temper is there! :clap: :clap: :clap: I'll remember to check this site next time as well as Bartleby and Gutenberg. I really appreciate your taking time to find this for me.
Haha! You're welcome. (And I like Herbert.)
Not feeling well. I'll get back to work as soon as possible. My LibriVox: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/13278

Post Reply