Don't you hate...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It's to keep the kangaroos in :D

Anne
J_N

Post by J_N »

those kangaroos must be fantastic swimmers... :lol:
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
J_N

Post by J_N »

...when work gets in the way of everything else? especially reading... :?

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

carteki

Post by carteki »

The forum is quiet as a mouse over the weekend when I'm looking for distraction, but come my busy week all my readers will be clamouring for chapters and PL'ing.
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

I live in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, it almost never rains here, except a little this winter, but my nemesis is the gasoline-powered leaf blower. The gardeners arrive around 8:30 weekdays and the noise starts up!
Also, I live under under the flight path of the Van Nuys airport. I think I have mentioned this before, but I need to get it off my chest again.

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
catrose

Post by catrose »

when you really really want to record but you're on week two of a sore throat that refuses to shift (mainly because I'm no good at vocal rest when projects tempt me...) :lol:
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
kukailimoku

Post by kukailimoku »

...when you have a mainland trip planned from Hawaii and the forecast shows the temperature at your destination dropping 30 degrees before you get there.

And 5-8" of snow on the way.

:help:
Why yes there IS a blog about choral singing. Thanks for asking.
http://www.thewindwardchoralsociety.org/news/
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

I hate Thursdays, trash day, when a succession of slow trucks lumber down the street first picking up recyclables, then landfill, then yard waste.

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
carteki

Post by carteki »

kukailimoku wrote:...when you have a mainland trip planned from Hawaii and the forecast shows the temperature at your destination dropping 30 degrees before you get there.

The question is WHY would you be going to the mainland before May?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

kukailimoku wrote:...when you have a mainland trip planned from Hawaii and the forecast shows the temperature at your destination dropping 30 degrees before you get there.

isnt snow super-awesome for you if you live on hawaii? exotic and stuff? :D
Carolin
kukailimoku

Post by kukailimoku »

isnt snow super-awesome for you if you live on hawaii? exotic and stuff? :D
Been there, froze that, moved west and south until I got to the edge of the US. If it wasn't a big family gathering I'd be waiting for August!

Of course then it's 95 degrees and 95 % humidity so it's still not much of a bargain!
carteki

Post by carteki »

After 12 months of doing admin stuff like BC'ing, PL'ing etc you feel like it would be cool to record something again and it is Sunday so it should be quiet but there is a gale blowing outside. ugh
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Don't you JUST HATE the plethora of supposed pronunciation guides on the Internet, which purport to offer authentic pronunciations of very obscure place and personal names? Many are populated either by totally inadequate computer-generated voices, or by extraordinarily ignorant people with terrible microphones who have no clue as to the correct pronunciation, but seem to think that whatever they say "will do". Why, oh why, do they waste their own time and mine?

These sites make it almost impossible to find sites with real information by hogging all the first few pages on a Google search. I hate, truly hate, these people.

Ruth
(who feels a little better after that rant, and can go back to searching for her obscure medieval name pronunciations)
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
kukailimoku

Post by kukailimoku »

Reminds me of one of my favorite sig lines in a pilots' forum:

"The problem with aviation 'facts' on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Orville Wright
J_N

Post by J_N »

When it's nice outside, you are motivated, pack your running gear and take it to work and then work keeps you busy, busy, busy until eventually it has turned almost dark by the time you can leave - so running gets postponed... (and now it seems tomorrow will be a rainy day :evil: )