Don't you hate...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Ugh, Windows updates have the most inconvenient timing! I was leaving the library close to closing one day after an afternoon of writing and got the dreaded message as I was trying to shut down...had to sit there sweating it out and mumbling “hurry up” at the thing while two librarians ever more pointedly and noisily tidied things up and gave me long glares. Finally finished and I scurried out, too embarrassed to come back to that branch for several weeks!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
cavaet

Post by cavaet »

People who do not return shopping carts to a coral.

They are also generally the first one to complain when their beloved motor vehicle gets hit by a cart left by another thoughtless individual
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

cavaet wrote: November 18th, 2020, 7:29 pm People who do not return shopping carts to a coral.

They are also generally the first one to complain when their beloved motor vehicle gets hit by a cart left by another thoughtless individual
https://ruinmyweek.com/tweets/shopping-cart-theory/
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

...when, on a PC, you literally just discover the "duplicate tab" feature by right-clicking on your current tab?? it's taken me about two years to discover this! I guess it could be in the "Don't you love..." thread too but I'm just annoyed that I haven't figured this out earlier. Now I don't have to completely renavigate to get to the same place in the forum on a different tab (like if I want one tab for posting links, and the other one to get into the project's MW...)
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Don't you hate when... You've been busy, you went on a trip, and you FINALLY have recording time, only to realize... you can't find your microphone. (of all things. My sincerest apologies to the BCs of The Story Girl and Little Men, probably among others. :( )
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Bookworm360 wrote: November 28th, 2020, 3:38 pm Don't you hate when... You've been busy, you went on a trip, and you FINALLY have recording time, only to realize... you can't find your microphone. (of all things. My sincerest apologies to the BCs of The Story Girl and Little Men, probably among others. :( )
Oh, you're okay :wink: I can give you an extension if you'd like it (for Little Men). Hope you find your microphone soon! That's definitely a bummer.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

THANK YOU Jaykitty! :clap:
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

My feline theatrical agent Bachelor Number 1, of Librivox podcast fame, figures this missing microphone thing can be played in either of two ways.

1. “Waiting for Microt”

2. “The Klingon Sword of “Say-Less”

Have your people call his people. :wink:

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Now I know where my microphone is: a packing box. Expect recordings to come in by January/ February. We plan to be settled in by then.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Bookworm360 wrote: December 12th, 2020, 8:10 am Now I know where my microphone is: a packing box. Expect recordings to come in by January/ February. We plan to be settled in by then.
Okay! Thank you for letting me/us know!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

I especially dislike circling helicopters. I've learned to wait out the trains -- about a minute for commuter trains and 10-15 minutes for freight trains -- but the helicopters, there's just no telling when they'll clear out.

Peace be with you,
Sister
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

dont you have when you decide to listen to your original librivox recordings and end up so horrified that you want to re-record everything :lol:

(although i have to remind myself that i was only 16 when i first started librivoxing)

(uh actually i was only 15 :shock: turned 16 5 months after i joined.)
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

ashleighjane wrote: December 26th, 2020, 4:09 pm dont you have when you decide to listen to your original librivox recordings and end up so horrified that you want to re-record everything :lol:

(although i have to remind myself that i was only 16 when i first started librivoxing)

(uh actually i was only 15 :shock: turned 16 5 months after i joined.)
I made a deal with myself when I joined that I would never go back and listen to my recordings once they were out of my hands, because I knew I'd be beating myself up about things I couldn't change. Unfortunately, I had to break my rule in order to try to figure out how long a speech-related problem I've been having had been going on. It was then that I discovered that one of my earliest recordings is riddled with vocal fry. Ugh! And I thought I'd been careful to avoid that from the get-go! :P
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Monaxi wrote: December 12th, 2020, 11:11 am I especially dislike circling helicopters. I've learned to wait out the trains -- about a minute for commuter trains and 10-15 minutes for freight trains -- but the helicopters, there's just no telling when they'll clear out.
Sounds like the Grammar SWAT Team targeting an improper use of a transitive verb.

That'll teach you to "do lunch". :lol:

Cheers,
Chris
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Don't you hate ... when the tribute poetry publication after a poet's passing has a bunch of eulogies by his contemporaries at the back, by their later dates of decease making non-PD a book that would otherwise be PD.

https://archive.org/details/howhediedotherpo00farr/page/n11/mode/2up