Don't you hate...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

...when you are solo-reading the book that inspired you and changed your life twenty years ago and most of it is still just as good as you remember and then there's that very vexingly narrow-minded chapter at the end that you completely forgot about...
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Yes :D Or it contains one appalling racist chapter that you must have just skipped when you read it first :(

Anne
JoannaHoyt

Post by JoannaHoyt »

Ouch, yes. I've had that happen when rereading old favorites--not yet when reading for LV, but I expect it may come up... So far Tolstoy has confined himself to egregiously sexist remarks.
I appreciate LV's putting up all sorts of books and adding content warnings as needed.
Back from a low-internet no-Librivox year in Georgia. Glad to be with you again.
EltonTheSnowman

Post by EltonTheSnowman »

...when the construction site near you is abhorrently loud, making recording anything virtually impossible? Not to mention that the vibrations are making me very uneasy after experiencing a strong earthquake last year. :shock:
Matea Bracic

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
-Groucho Marx
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Tell me about it! We’ve got 8-hour thunderstorms(which I have had to record through)!
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Don't you hate when...you have technical difficulties and only get to record ONE BLASTED SECTION?!
wib66

Post by wib66 »

When you've had a week off work and done loads on Librivox and now tomorrow it's back to work. :(
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

wib66 wrote: April 11th, 2021, 3:54 pm When you've had a week off work and done loads on Librivox and now tomorrow it's back to work. :(
Be thankful for the week off of work! :mrgreen:

I just finished sectioning up a book I'm interested in.

Total section count: 93. :shock:

Do I REALLY want to launch that book?
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
wib66

Post by wib66 »

TriciaG wrote: April 11th, 2021, 3:57 pm
wib66 wrote: April 11th, 2021, 3:54 pm When you've had a week off work and done loads on Librivox and now tomorrow it's back to work. :(
Be thankful for the week off of work! :mrgreen:

I just finished sectioning up a book I'm interested in.

Total section count: 93. :shock:

Do I REALLY want to launch that book?
Ha Ha you know you do the draw of Librivox is too strong. :mrgreen:
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

When your computer screen is dirty and you see semicolons instead of periods!
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

In this latest instalment of W.C.M.O. ("What Cheeses Me Off"), my current impediments to productivity are:

1) The far too frequent view of a "No Internet" message on my screen;

2) The failure of the 'b' and 'n' keys on my keyboard. (And if you're wondering how I've managed to type this message replete with 'n's and occasional 'b's, I've MacGyvered the computer to recognise a triple-m plus space as an 'n', and a triple-v plus space as an 'b').

Not to mention the current Sydney lurgy-lockdown is a pain in the neck.

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

…When Audacity says ‘the disk is full’ when you’ve only recorded eleven minutes.😡 (What does that even mean by the way??)
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

...when you're reading a novel and really enjoying it, and it's PD and not in the LV catalog so you're thinking of BCing a group project for it, but then when you get to the very end, the last few pages are disappointing and infuriating and you wish you hadn't wasted your time reading the book?

(The book in question is Angel Island by Inez Haynes Gillmore. If anyone ever has a mind to BC it, well, I certainly won't be racing you to the New Projects Launch Pad! :P )
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ugh, a bad ending can ruin a whole book! My condolences. :(
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Bookworm360 wrote: July 12th, 2021, 9:15 am …When Audacity says ‘the disk is full’ when you’ve only recorded eleven minutes.😡 (What does that even mean by the way??)
time for the dreaded purge
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."