Don't you hate...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: March 1st, 2021, 12:46 am
realisticspeakers wrote: March 1st, 2021, 12:38 am ...when one sentence in your reading of an English translation of a 1904 German non-fiction work has 1 semicolon within a quote inside a set of parentheses within a separate clause separated by an em-dash, one other quote, and one more separate clause separated by an em-dash, all peppered with ten commas within 14 lines that ends with a question mark and should really be read in one exasperated breath?
The problem, with, that many commas, and other, pause-paraphernalia, is that one ends up, sounding like, William Shatner, playing, Captain Kirk.

Cheers,
Chris
Don't I, sound like, that. anyway?
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
schrm

Post by schrm »

linny wrote: February 21st, 2021, 3:20 pm Don't you hate when the weekend isn't long enough to catch up on all the stuff left over from the week? :roll:
everyone knows that.
but...
please, don't add to your stress and limit yourself!
you are doing great!
:thumbs: :clap:
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

schrm wrote: March 1st, 2021, 12:49 am
realisticspeakers wrote: March 1st, 2021, 12:38 am ...when one sentence in your reading of an English translation of a 1904 German non-fiction work has 1 semicolon within a quote inside a set of parentheses within a separate clause separated by an em-dash, one other quote, and one more separate clause separated by an em-dash, all peppered with ten commas within 14 lines that ends with a question mark and should really be read in one exasperated breath?
make this an art.
:lol:
OH I got this! I got this! It might take a few takes and some judicious editing, but it will be read smoothly if it (and it probably will) kills me.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

schrm wrote: March 1st, 2021, 12:51 am
linny wrote: February 21st, 2021, 3:20 pm Don't you hate when the weekend isn't long enough to catch up on all the stuff left over from the week? :roll:
everyone knows that.
but...
please, don't add to your stress and limit yourself!
you are doing great!
:thumbs: :clap:
You know, it's called the Day of Rest because that's when you catch up with "the rest" of the stuff that you didn't manage to get done during the week.

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
schrm

Post by schrm »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: March 1st, 2021, 1:06 am You know, it's called the Day of Rest because that's when you catch up with "the rest" of the stuff that you didn't manage to get done during the week.

Cheers,
Chris
:lol: well put this contradiction...
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Monicha1

Post by Monicha1 »

I understand completely where that is coming from
TheDinosaurPlanet

Post by TheDinosaurPlanet »

When one word messes up your recording, peaking to 1.0 every time you say it. For me the word has been "Glory".
- Antonio @ https://librivox.org/reader/15663

There is no Frigate like a Book
To take us Lands away
Nor any Coursers like a Page
Of prancing Poetry –

- Emily Dickinson
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

...When you go fishing and suddenly half the village decides to go out in their boats?(oh wait, is this LV problem only issues?)
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Don't you hate it when the 'b', 'n', and DELETE keys on your laptop refuse to function anymore? Makes typing, editing Audacity and such a real dream.

Other than continually cutting/pasting the letters, the only workaround I could think of was to set up hotkeys of CNTL-ALT-V to produce 'b/B' and CNTL-ALT-M to produce 'n/N', and use the CUT button to delete in Audacity, but it sure does cramp my style typing-wise.

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
AngeliqueAnja

Post by AngeliqueAnja »

My keys keep sticking (old keyboard and I regularly take part in NaNoWriMo, as well as other writing tasks). The last recording session I did, I would delete a section and then it would keep complaining that I needed to make a selection before I could delete anything...

Annie
DR: The Mystery of a Hansom Cab (Readers Wanted)
SOLO The Fairy Latchkey

I am without internet at the moment. Not sure for how long.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: March 14th, 2021, 7:10 pm Don't you hate it when the 'b', 'n', and DELETE keys on your laptop refuse to function anymore? Makes typing, editing Audacity and such a real dream.
You do it on your laptop?
Maybe try PC. That’s what I do, and that way I can replace keyboards if one stops working.
(Although you would have to redo your tech specs.)
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

...when EVERYTHING in the Launch Pad is a solo?! 🤬
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

That's because we are having a cleanup month - and members are holding back until it ends. Hop in and help and it may finish before the 1st April.

Anne
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

When you are used to checking in EVERY DAY (sometimes multiple times) and you go out of town and check back in and feel like you have lost track of EVERYTHING? ACK.

Colleen

ETA: And also that you completely missed a Zoom meeting. Boo!
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
schrm

Post by schrm »

oh, something else but quite similar:

...when you want to deliver these two recordings, thought you will have it n a few dys for sure,... but then, time flies and you just don't have enough spare time, or are too tired to start editing
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275