Don't you hate...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

When your recording area has no heat and the temperature outside was negative because of the wind. You get up early to do some recording only to remember that you closed the door to the recording room to keep the active toddler out and didn’t think to open said door again because it never gets this cold here. Even after using a space heater for a bit I can’t feel my toes.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

That's awful, Jenn! I always turn off my AC/heater during recording sessions because it's too loud. But I don't think I want to do that today, even for a few minutes. We're at 13 degrees F right now.
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

It’s 20 degrees here in Te...er, Beaversdam, and there’s ice all over the place.🥶Sledding time! Stay warm everyone! :D(and don’t worry Jen, it can only get warmer from there! :thumbs: )
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

When you record a poem associated with a tragic event 121 years ago and want to post it at LV as such, you are finally happy with it after a few attempts, but then you notice that it's not PD for you and you can't contribute it :roll:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Piotrek81 wrote: February 16th, 2021, 11:10 am When you record a poem associated with a tragic event 121 years ago and want to post it at LV as such, you are finally happy with it after a few attempts, but then you notice that it's not PD for you and you can't contribute it :roll:
If it’s something that’s PD somewhere else in the world, I’d say move :lol: :lol: jk.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Piotrek81 wrote: February 16th, 2021, 11:10 am When you record a poem associated with a tragic event 121 years ago and want to post it at LV as such, you are finally happy with it after a few attempts, but then you notice that it's not PD for you and you can't contribute it :roll:
Just change your profile to reflect any country you like then use a VPN to show an IP address at a research station in the Antarctic.

(I'm just kidding Admins!!!)
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

realisticspeakers wrote: February 16th, 2021, 2:27 pm
Just change your profile to reflect any country you like then use a VPN to show an IP address at a research station in the Antarctic.

Sorry, tried that. https://www.antarctica.gov.au/antarctic-operations/stations/mawson/

But Ava doorknocks to make spot-checks. :oops:

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
realisticspeakers

SonOfTheExiles wrote: February 17th, 2021, 1:28 am
realisticspeakers wrote: February 16th, 2021, 2:27 pm

Sorry, tried that. https://www.antarctica.gov.au/antarctic-operations/stations/mawson/

But Ava doorknocks to make spot-checks. :oops:

Chris
Is she armed?
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

You bet. :mrgreen:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

realisticspeakers wrote: February 17th, 2021, 4:01 am Is she armed?
She's got two of 'em. *rim shot*
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
realisticspeakers

TriciaG wrote: February 17th, 2021, 6:33 am
oh...that joke is going to cost ya!
Disclaimer:
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Tsk, tsk, Tricia, remember the Hippocratic Pun Oath.

"First, do no 'arm..."
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: February 17th, 2021, 3:49 pm
Tsk, tsk, Tricia, remember the Hippocratic Pun Oath.

"First, do no 'arm..."
:lol: :lol: :lol: y'all are hilarious!
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

When you're looking at the list of abandoned projects, and you see three of them that you'd like to open up to a group, but you know that there's a DPL shortage at the moment, so now the mental debates start up...
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

mightyfelix wrote: February 18th, 2021, 11:55 am When you're looking at the list of abandoned projects, and you see three of them that you'd like to open up to a group, but you know that there's a DPL shortage at the moment, so now the mental debates start up...
Indeed.

Combine that with a sudden return to gigs driving to remote areas with lousy telecommunication coverage, and do-it-yourself PL-ing becomes a bit problematical, at least on a prompt basis.

For that reason, I have paused starting new collaborative poetry collection projects until such time as either we complete some of the current ones or the DPL shortage eases.

Cheers,
Chris