Don't you hate...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

...when you're recording and the doorbell rings? You unplug your mic so you can slide out from behind your laptop and have a nice chat with the neighbor lady about the cat that has been coming over to visit you for the last couple weeks. You sit down and start recording again, only to find, 8 minutes further into the recording, that you hadn't plugged your mic back in and are recording using the much inferior built-in laptop mic. :evil:

Don't you hate that??

And it was on a text with a lot of foreign names, so it'll be hard to quickly redo it.

Purely hypothetical, of course...

I think this is a cue for me to get off the computer and go do housework. We're having a home appraisal next week sometime. Time to clean the place up so it's fit for visitors.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

.... when you do a clean-up of your computer and accidentally delete an unedited hour long recording. :(

Tricia, I haven't had that exactly.... Zoom H2 must.... push ...... record TWICE!

Esther :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
GabrielleC
Location: Texas - where the most beautiful multi-function oven is located. :lol:

Post by GabrielleC »

Starlite wrote:.... when you do a clean-up of your computer and accidentally delete an unedited hour long recording. :(
At least it wasn't edited - that way you only wasted an hour instead of more like 2.5 to 3! ;)
~Gabrielle
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

my headset has a mute button somewhere along the chord. the other day i accidentally pressed it two or three minutes into the recording and went on for 40 minutes without noticing. now im even more careful about not touching the cables during recording :roll:

CK
jollyrogered

Post by jollyrogered »

Not software related, but I'm prone to massive acts of clutziness. I was fully intending on recording in some of the quiet the other night, but instead banged my forehead so hard against the China hutch that I gave myself a minor concussion and a pretty nasty bleeding cut. I dont really know how I did it. Sigh.... fine today, head hurts still, but missed my window for recording as the husband is home this weekend. Gr!
duck... duck... ZOMBIE!
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Of course, there's always the simple but classic "read a whole section without hitting record"...
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

And there is the neighbour who decides to have the scaffolders in one morning without telling you:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/bloopers/noise.mp3

(This is the condensed 47 second version. It went on for nearly 4 hours - and we are in a solid old detached house.)

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Argh! And I thought the construction equipment across the street the past 2 weeks was stifling my LV recordings. At least they're not thumping and bumping my walls!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Cori

Post by Cori »

Good grief, Ruth, it sounds like you've got both Mario and Luigi trapped in your pipes. I just have a squeaky-chaired, heavy-footed bloke upstairs from me, but he does knock off banging about for the duration of Eastenders at least.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

More like Wario and Waluigi.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

RuthieG wrote:And there is the neighbour who decides to have the scaffolders in one morning without telling you:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/bloopers/noise.mp3

(This is the condensed 47 second version. It went on for nearly 4 hours - and we are in a solid old detached house.)

Ruth
I had a guy cleaning my roof and gutters with a leafblower while recording a couple of days ago, but it weirdly/thankfully didn't pick up.

Oh, and Cori: Diamanda Galas' Masque of the Red Death Trilogy at two in the morning might teach your neighbor a lesson. :twisted:
They call me Threadkiller.
My Catalog Page
RoboticLobsters

Post by RoboticLobsters »

once I had a bulldozer start ripping and beeping in a recording, but my headset mic did not pick it up :?:
Projects:
Camping and Woodcraft Full
Bunyan's Characters

So much time, So few things to do...
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I know it shouldn't be any surprise as I live in sunny Manchester UK but every time I get some time to record it starts to rain really heavily :mrgreen:
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

I could hardly record all spring because our neighbour/landlords dog barks at water and there was practically a creek in the field outside my window. Whenever I tried to record the silly dog would start barking before I was half through. The first time I did not notice and had to rerecord the section, fortunately it was only about 25 minutes!
~Tiffany