Don't you hate...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Thanks I bought Charlie Chaplins Biography so looking forward to reading it
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

when your headphone are missing and can't do proof-listening or editing. Perhaps I should look a bit harder.
-Bria

Dramatic Readings of Bible passages

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Click here to read about it.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

i switch between computers and on this one, the keys i would usually hit to make a smiley give me

>(

instead of

:)
Carolin
ej400

Post by ej400 »

You you come back home and have a small fever. Plus git a little dehydrated.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

wildemoose wrote:Of course, there's always the simple but classic "read a whole section without hitting record"...
Guess who has just done it after recording the first section for his solo in 2 months... :roll:
And yesterday I decided to delete a section I'd recorded for the Polish group project I'm BCing because somehow it was too loud and there was too much clipping.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

And, conversely, after my post in another thread, I just hate it when people disappear from here without a word and I don't know why, or even if they are alive or dead.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

RuthieG wrote:And, conversely, after my post in another thread, I just hate it when people disappear from here without a word and I don't know why, or even if they are alive or dead.
yes! we get worried!

also, everyone who reads this, make sure you revisit your settings and set email notifications for pms. i have 118 unread thank you messages from the last year for readers who dont come on the forum anymore, and im sure the readers would like to know about them.
Carolin
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Don't you hate that, dramatic reading wise, absolutely none of the famous playwrights ... William Shakespeare, Richard Wagner, Ernie Wise ... ever wrote a part for a broad Australian accent?

Some day ...
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

They weren't really written for present day English or Americans either , but it doesn't stop them reading them.

Anne
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Yes, you have a point, a classy reader can carry it off, no matter what. Just look at Rusty Crowe.

Maybe I could get a gig the next time Librivox does "The Acharnians".

"Great Gods! This basket is our fellow-citizen. Stop, stop, in heaven's name!"
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

there are really great australian writers, though. check out guy boothby and adam lindsay gordon, for instance.
you only have to bring the drama into it yourself :)
Carolin
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

I live directly under the Van Nuys Airport in the San Fernando Valley just north of L.A. This is one of the busiest municipal jetports in the U.S. (our celebrities like the privacy and the convenience). Some days I spend as much time waiting as recording. It's also hard to have uninterrupted conversations outdoors.
Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Argh! Just finished recording a 30 minute section and you can hear my stomach growling through the whole lot of it! I don't think I can noise-clean it out either. :(
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

This has also happened to me!
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
carteki

Post by carteki »

pnagami wrote:I live directly under the Van Nuys Airport in the San Fernando Valley just north of L.A. This is one of the busiest municipal jetports in the U.S. (our celebrities like the privacy and the convenience). Some days I spend as much time waiting as recording. It's also hard to have uninterrupted conversations outdoors.
Pam
And I live in a nice quiet residential neighbourhood where both blocks next door to me and 4 out of the 12 flats in my block have been renovated this year! Next year should be quieter! (me thinks not)
At the moment I'm focusing on pl'ing.