Don't you hate...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
lian2902952

Post by lian2902952 »

I will actually curse out loud when the telephone rings or someone knocks when I am recording. WAY TO RUIN THE MOOD ! Especially when you are working on a dramatic reading.
Lian Pang

All art is quite useless. - Oscar Wilde
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

pnagami wrote:I live in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, it almost never rains here, except a little this winter, but my nemesis is the gasoline-powered leaf blower. The gardeners arrive around 8:30 weekdays and the noise starts up!
Also, I live under under the flight path of the Van Nuys airport. I think I have mentioned this before, but I need to get it off my chest again.

Pam
Wow, small world - I live not too far from there myself so I know exactly what you mean!
In my neighborhood we also have lots of chickens - noisy, noisy chickens!!
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Stoogeswoman,

Do you live near the Van Nuys airport or under its flight path?

Pam

No chickens in my neighborhood
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
kukailimoku

Post by kukailimoku »

People who schedule a booooorrrrinnnnngggg meeting at 4:30 on a Friday.

Zzzzzz
Why yes there IS a blog about choral singing. Thanks for asking.
http://www.thewindwardchoralsociety.org/news/
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

pnagami wrote:Stoogeswoman,

Do you live near the Van Nuys airport or under its flight path?

Pam

No chickens in my neighborhood
Hi Pam -

We're in Reseda, slightly to the south of the flight path. (So it would hit the chickens, not us. :lol: )
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Lovely, Stoogeswoman!
I'm in Encino. It's nice to know a fellow Librivoxer is so close!
Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Continuing with the plane theme...

Air shows and recording don't mix... :roll:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
carteki

Post by carteki »

When you have a whole mass of files to download for PL and the internet speed is 1/10th of normal :(
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

I'm between a train bridge and a highway bridge, more like under the train bridge, near the LaGuardia Airport, with 24/7 garbage collection. Amtrak trains only take a few seconds to pass, but freight trains...that's time to take a break. Then, of course, there are circling helicopters, jackhammers, and sirens. Thanks for letting me finally share all that!

Peace be with you,
Sister
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

My husband just restored a big chiming clock which sits in the living room, giving out Big Ben-style chimes every quarter of an hour. Usually I turn it off while I'm recording, but sometimes I forget, then suddenly:

bing bong bing bong
bong bong bing bong
bing bong bing bong
bong bong bing bong
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!

etc. - you get the idea!! :mrgreen:
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

stoogeswoman wrote:My husband just restored a big chiming clock which sits in the living room, giving out Big Ben-style chimes every quarter of an hour. Usually I turn it off while I'm recording, but sometimes I forget, then suddenly:

bing bong bing bong
bong bong bing bong
bing bong bing bong
bong bong bing bong
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!

Do you turn it off while sleeping?

Peace be with you,
Sister
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Monaxi wrote:
stoogeswoman wrote:My husband just restored a big chiming clock which sits in the living room, giving out Big Ben-style chimes every quarter of an hour. Usually I turn it off while I'm recording, but sometimes I forget, then suddenly:

bing bong bing bong
bong bong bing bong
bing bong bing bong
bong bong bing bong
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!
BONNNNGGG!!

Do you turn it off while sleeping?
*I* would, but *he* won't - he loves hearing it!!

And yes, I could (and probably should!) turn it off while I'm recording, but I keep forgetting. :mrgreen:
linny

Post by linny »

...when you are sick and have been without a voice for going on three weeks and you've PLed everything you can find with a ~ and you can't find anything more to do? [sigh]

I'm pathetic when I'm sick. :cry:
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

linny wrote:...when you are sick and have been without a voice for going on three weeks and you've PLed everything you can find with a ~ and you can't find anything more to do? [sigh]

I'm pathetic when I'm sick. :cry:
I'm so sorry you lost your voice! That happens to me frequently, but I've never PLed. I'm just out of commission.

Peace be with you,
Sister
linny

Post by linny »

Monaxi wrote:I'm so sorry you lost your voice! That happens to me frequently, but I've never PLed. I'm just out of commission.
Oh my! If I couldn't keep myself busy with PLing and editing I don't know how I would survive being sick this long. I'm exhausted from television.

I'm sorry to hear this is a recurring thing for you. I've never lost my voice before. It's definitely not fun.

Be well,
Linny