Don't you hate...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

ColleenMc wrote: January 10th, 2021, 2:37 pm Me: (spends an hour looking up pronunciations of Czech and Hungarian words and names and writing down phonetic spellings for a history chapter.)

Me: (Sets up recording, gets mike just right, reads intro, adjusts mike, adjusts ipad with text, adjusts ipad holder for perfect angle.)

Me: (Takes a deep breath and reads three words of the first sentence.)

Neighbor: I SHALL BLOW ALL THE LEAVES!

Me: (Sighs, cusses, stops recorder, edits out cusses, saves file, goes off to do something else.)

Colleen
I commiserate! This is too real!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

ColleenMc wrote: January 10th, 2021, 2:37 pm Me: (spends an hour looking up pronunciations of Czech and Hungarian words...

Colleen
So you can have készpénz or the Czech, huh?

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: January 10th, 2021, 11:00 pm
ColleenMc wrote: January 10th, 2021, 2:37 pm Me: (spends an hour looking up pronunciations of Czech and Hungarian words...

Colleen
So you can have készpénz or the Czech, huh?

Chris
I felt a whooosh go over my head...
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

I have a gremlin in Audacity. It seems like any time I record something longer than a few minutes, SOMEWHERE in the recording there will be a skip where a word or two dropped out - it's not a clipping or a noise reduction issue, it's a skip like a record skip, often with a little electronic noise at the skip spot. Almost like the sound got....smeared? It's no big deal, I just re-record that phrase and drop it in, but it seems to happen every time, but only ONCE per recording.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

:lol:
ColleenMc wrote: January 10th, 2021, 2:37 pm Me: (spends an hour looking up pronunciations of Czech and Hungarian words and names and writing down phonetic spellings for a history chapter.)

Me: (Sets up recording, gets mike just right, reads intro, adjusts mike, adjusts ipad with text, adjusts ipad holder for perfect angle.)

Me: (Takes a deep breath and reads three words of the first sentence.)

Neighbor: I SHALL BLOW ALL THE LEAVES!

Me: (Sighs, cusses, stops recorder, edits out cusses, saves file, goes off to do something else.)

Colleen
:lol: :lol: :lol: Hate to laugh, but that's one of the things that are hilarious—until it happens to you. Hope you get a quiet time soon Colleen! :wink:
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

...when the only place you can record in your tiny apartment shares a wall with your neighbor's laundry room, and she ALWAYS seems to know when you've just sat down to record, and starts running her machines? :evil: How can one person have this much laundry to do??
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

ColleenMc wrote: February 3rd, 2021, 10:38 am I have a gremlin in Audacity. It seems like any time I record something longer than a few minutes, SOMEWHERE in the recording there will be a skip where a word or two dropped out - it's not a clipping or a noise reduction issue, it's a skip like a record skip, often with a little electronic noise at the skip spot. Almost like the sound got....smeared? It's no big deal, I just re-record that phrase and drop it in, but it seems to happen every time, but only ONCE per recording.

Colleen
it maybe be worth checking whether it's a resources error - something running in the background etc - Audacity is a resources hog. But if it is only once and you notice and reread it is probably not worth hunting for.
Anne
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

My wife hates it when I text, post, reply, etc as her on her accounts. It doesn't bother her recording, so I'm not sure why she gets so angry.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

mightyfelix wrote: February 14th, 2021, 8:32 am My wife hates it when I text, post, reply, etc as her on her accounts. It doesn't bother her recording, so I'm not sure why she gets so angry.
:lol:

Hi, Mr. Devorah!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

mightyfelix wrote: February 14th, 2021, 8:32 am My wife hates it when I text, post, reply, etc as her on her accounts. It doesn't bother her recording, so I'm not sure why she gets so angry.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:help:
linny

Post by linny »

mightyfelix wrote: February 14th, 2021, 9:46 am :help:
Maybe it's time to change your password. :mrgreen:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

At least he made it clear he was him and not me. The worst is when he posts (on facebook, or sends a text or something) from my account and just says something completely nonsensical so it looks like I said it. :roll:
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

I briefly unfriended my mom on Facebook because my dad (who i was not FB friends with) happened to see her FB open and see something I had posted. (Let us just say that the Venn diagram of our respective worldviews was two separate circles for the most part). He made a snotty response (which is why I never friended him in the first place). My mom and I didn't put together what had happened til she said something about never seeing my posts anymore and I told her I'd unfriended her for being a jerk.

Yeah, good times.

Anyway, at least your hubs appears to do it in a goofy teasing way, so there's that.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I only know of one pair of spouses who volunteer for LV. Are there more?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

KevinS wrote: February 14th, 2021, 10:14 am I only know of one pair of spouses who volunteer for LV. Are there more?
Not that I know of. To be clear, my husband doesn't volunteer here. I just left him unaccompanied around my computer. :roll: :lol: