Don't you hate...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

linny wrote:
Monaxi wrote:I've never lost my voice before. It's definitely not fun.
Take care of your voice the best you can! Although I have my voice at the moment, I had to have a big molar tooth pulled last week. That makes reading aloud difficult as well. But recording is my therapy for just about everything else, so I'll get back to it ASAP!

Peace be with you,
Sister
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

When you are recording along and your stomach starts growling so loudly the microphone picks it up! :roll:
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Elizabby wrote:When you are recording along and your stomach starts growling so loudly the microphone picks it up! :roll:
Eat, eat!! Your voice needs it! :D
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Oh, and now I have another "don't you hate" - don't you hate it when the quiet people who lived next door move out, and the house is rented to at least 7 people who seem to have nothing better to do than sit in the back yard drinking beer and laughing nonstop - 24 hours a day?? :evil:
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

stoogeswoman wrote:Oh, and now I have another "don't you hate" - don't you hate it when the quiet people who lived next door move out, and the house is rented to at least 7 people who seem to have nothing better to do than sit in the back yard drinking beer and laughing nonstop - 24 hours a day?? :evil:
Oh no! I'm so sorry for you! I have a great variety of noises to work around, but noisy neighbors...that's terrible!

Peace be with you,
Sister
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Monaxi wrote:
stoogeswoman wrote:Oh, and now I have another "don't you hate" - don't you hate it when the quiet people who lived next door move out, and the house is rented to at least 7 people who seem to have nothing better to do than sit in the back yard drinking beer and laughing nonstop - 24 hours a day?? :evil:
Oh no! I'm so sorry for you! I have a great variety of noises to work around, but noisy neighbors...that's terrible!
Thanks! It's really frustrating because they're on the side of the house where my recording studio is. :cry:

Fortunately, so far they haven't been loud enough to penetrate to the actual recording - just loud enough for me to hear them WHILE I'm recording, which throws me off!

Just went over there and asked them, as politely as I could, to keep the noise down. Mainly because in addition to the laughing and screaming, they'd just turned on a boom box!! :help:
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

I have twice moved home in the past where the noisy neighbours were definitly an influence ... once when I was renting a flat near a pub, and found Live Music, two nights a week! (I hadn't even thought about the possible noise when I first looked at the flat.)

Not just because of the LV recording, of course, but the recording did make me sensitive to noise.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

If I were renting (not to mention single), I'd be outta here. But alas, we're homeowners so it's not quite that easy.

Also, ever since I went over and gave them the "please turn that noise DOWN!!" speech, I've noticed it's been very, very quiet over there ... almost TOO quiet ... hmm, wonder if they're planning some kind of retaliation? :lol:
carteki

Post by carteki »

stoogeswoman wrote:Also, ever since I went over and gave them the "please turn that noise DOWN!!" speech, I've noticed it's been very, very quiet over there ... almost TOO quiet ... hmm, wonder if they're planning some kind of retaliation? :lol:
Perhaps they're just a little bit more aware that they have neighbours now that you've pointed it out to them :p
linny

Post by linny »

...when during the rebuild you can't shake the feeling that you are forgetting a project? :roll:

I can't get over how much we have already recovered! Great job everyone! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hey, we get new T-shirts now. We survived the LV crash of 2016. :wink:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

i looked at a work-related project today which i hadnt opened in two weeks or so, fully expecting that the document had reverted to an earlier version too. then i remembered that the crash didnt affect my non-librivox life.
Carolin
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Carolin wrote:i looked at a work-related project today which i hadnt opened in two weeks or so, fully expecting that the document had reverted to an earlier version too. then i remembered that the crash didnt affect my non-librivox life.
That should go to "you know you're addicted, when..." :lol:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
carteki

Post by carteki »

When you're editing (i.e. need to hear the recording, so not "silent mode") and mom decides to use the blender downstairs...
jpercival

Post by jpercival »

When you were all set to record and a series of torrential downpour thunderstorms keep rolling thorough....
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

...when you're all set to record and the maintenance crew of the apartment complex comes through with blowers and lawn mowers when the outside already looks good.

...when you're all set to record and the neighbors shoot off fireworks at random times and July 4th has already come and gone.