Don't you hate...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

mightyfelix wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 12:42 pm When you've been longing to record since you woke up this morning, but life is moving too fast right now, and you have to make that phone call, and that one, and that one, and cancel that membership, and get information on that loan, and make that transfer, and... :?
:( I can totally relate. (well, at least with school and homework and stuff.) Sometimes all you can do is wait for life to slow down and ask for extensions on projects, if need be :/ things will slow down, though, they always do at some point. :)
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

We got a metal roof on our house this summer and as we are in peak pecan and acorn season now, we've learned that such objects dropping on our metal roof sound like golf balls and baseballs hitting it, so there are periodic retakes to account for that in addition to the planes, trains, and automobiles...

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
EltonTheSnowman

Post by EltonTheSnowman »

...when you realize Audacity crashed only AFTER you’ve finished recording a 35-minute section :shock:
Matea Bracic

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”
-Groucho Marx
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

EltonTheSnowman wrote: October 12th, 2020, 12:50 am ...when you realize Audacity crashed only AFTER you’ve finished recording a 35-minute section :shock:
Oh my goodness that’s awful 😣 I once did a whole recording while my mic was muted. I know how that feels!!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Love fall, but HATE leaf blowers. nnnnNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnNNNNNNnnNNNNNNNNNNnnnNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :evil:

Time to switch to prooflistening for a while...

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

It was bound to happen someday... Surprised it took me this long.

I recorded a chapter whose deadline is coming up. I did my usual post-processing, which takes a few minutes to run. While it was running, I got started on other tasks. I got involved in what I was doing, had to double check on this and that, had to download a file to check that it was the correct one, mindlessly closed that file and the one that I had just recorded, went to a different project to back up some things that were recently completed, got distracted by a funny upload in my folder that doesn't belong there, suddenly realized that my recording should have finished processing by now and it's time to upload. Went to export the file... which was gone... because I had closed Audacity... without saving.

:cry:
Bookerina

Post by Bookerina »

It is more of a general thing, but I hate when I do organize my day a certain way, like working in the morning, being excited all day to go out for a walk, and the sun disappears the second I step out of the door :lol: .
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Bookerina wrote: November 9th, 2020, 11:15 am It is more of a general thing, but I hate when I do organize my day a certain way, like working in the morning, being excited all day to go out for a walk, and the sun disappears the second I step out of the door :lol: .
I totally get that! Or when you finally have a sunny day and you decide to take a walk, and you realize that although it’s “sunny” out it’s freezing cold :lol: #california in the fall :lol: :lol:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

OOh.. when you've recorded two pages of dialogue of a verbose sailor who is (you think) from the West of England (like his shipmates), edited, uploaded..and after recording four more very long chapters, the author tells you he is WELSH!!!! :cry: Anne F
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'd decide that he was born in Wales but ran away to sea at an very young age with a load of West England sailors so lost his Welsh lilt :D :D :D

Anne
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

No, Anne, rather it was a mission of mercy to those poor benighted souls. :wink:

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

Well decided to redo dialogue..watched old Mervyn John's film to try and get West Country sounds out of my head...just can't do a grumpy Welsh accent! Never mind,do my best. copy track, add another blank one, record ..do punch and roll (several times)..copy, paste etc etc, about to export and realise track is several minutes longer than it should be... Somewhere along the line I've hit control D instead of shift D and duplicated umpteen bits umpteen times!! I just hope this is the last appearance of First Mate Price,but still eight chapters left😱
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

JayKitty76 wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 12:48 pm
mightyfelix wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 12:42 pm When you've been longing to record since you woke up this morning, but life is moving too fast right now, and you have to make that phone call, and that one, and that one, and cancel that membership, and get information on that loan, and make that transfer, and... :?
:( I can totally relate. (well, at least with school and homework and stuff.) Sometimes all you can do is wait for life to slow down and ask for extensions on projects, if need be :/ things will slow down, though, they always do at some point. :)
Bingo; but for me it’s been every day. :( :cry: :(
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
Bookerina

Post by Bookerina »

JayKitty76 wrote: November 9th, 2020, 4:26 pm
Bookerina wrote: November 9th, 2020, 11:15 am It is more of a general thing, but I hate when I do organize my day a certain way, like working in the morning, being excited all day to go out for a walk, and the sun disappears the second I step out of the door :lol: .
I totally get that! Or when you finally have a sunny day and you decide to take a walk, and you realize that although it’s “sunny” out it’s freezing cold :lol: #california in the fall :lol: :lol:
Indeed!! Exactly, it's easy to get fooled these days :roll:
andybeddy

Post by andybeddy »

windows updates. I came down to my cabin to do some recording yesterday and saw that my computer had an update to apply. So I thought I would "re-start and apply updates" while I pop back up to the house to make myself a coffee. Well, 3 hours later and the PC had just finished updating but I now had to go out to pick the car up from the garage after having it serviced!!! Mutter mutter grumble :)