College!

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
John shsu

Post by John shsu »

I attend 'Sam Houston State University' in Huntsville Texas (the city that has executed more people than any other one place on the planet!) and I am Majoring in Psychology with a Biology minor. I really just wanted this topic to be about what city people lived in and if anyone was attending other colleges and what their experiences were like!
John
"All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare."
jollyrogered

Post by jollyrogered »

I went to University of Nebraska-Lincoln, and now I live in Raleigh, North Carolina. I had four majors: history, philosophy, classics, and renaissance studies and two minors: german, art history.

I had a great time in college, mainly because I went to be a total book worm and as you can tell, accomplished that.

Beyond that I was never really a party person, so I rather enjoyed the general freedom, and spent most of my evenings with my then-boyfriend, now-husband. College is fantastic because you have the opportunity to pick up really interesting hobbies, I did belly dance and krav maga while in college. I really recommend taking at least one "gym" class every semester, my school and tae kwon do, rock climbing, judo, etc. I did all of those, and it was in those classes that I made some of my best friends, plus its really nice to break up the class schedule.

"Learn something about everything, and everything about something."

God... I feel like I just sounded very old. I'm only 25, so I dont think my advice is too out of date though :wink:
duck... duck... ZOMBIE!
catchpenny

Post by catchpenny »

jollyrogered wrote: "Learn something about everything, and everything about something."

God... I feel like I just sounded very old. I'm only 25, so I dont think my advice is too out of date though :wink:
Good advice is generally ageless.
Anyone can read accurately. [i]I[/i] read with great expression.
Jc

Post by Jc »

I live in Montreal, and there are 4 universities in the city, so people generally don't live in residence.

I went to the University of Montreal, which is a French university, and did an LL.B. We had to take a specific set of courses, and were only allowed 2 complementary ones, so it was pretty much just law all the way. Also, because it was a French university, I feel that campus life was much more uneventful compared to English ones, where there were clubs and more student associations.

People in residence had much more fun, though. They were also very liberal. A friend of mine mentioned that in her dorm, people would answer the door in underwear, sometimes naked, and during one semester, 1/3 of the people in the res had chlamydia cuz they tended to sleep around...
Put yourself in the Readers' Accents Table. See this post.
(Busy real life & traveling, sorry if not here often.)