Music - What are you listening to?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix » November 12th, 2020, 8:17 pm

Bookworm360 wrote:
November 12th, 2020, 7:54 pm
I am currently listening to Danny Kaye’s I’ve Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts, Yes We Have No Bananas, and Broadway musicals. And classical(best genre ever). Particularly Mozart. Aand Movin’ Right Along(the muppet movie)
Oh my gosh, I love Danny Kaye! It's so sad to me that he's been largely forgotten by so many. The Inspector General and The Court Jester are both brilliant.

(Also muppets. :9:)

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 » November 13th, 2020, 5:50 pm

Bookworm360 wrote:
Yes We Have No Bananas, and Broadway musicals. Aand Movin’ Right Along(the muppet movie)
I love that!! I also love Muppets oh my goodness but Broadway is my ultimate favorite. (Have you listened to anything from Newsies, Tuck Everlasting or Hairspray?) What are your favorite musical soundtracks?
Rachel
”Just look around at the world we’re inheriting and think of the one we’ll create...”
~Newsies! on Broadway

New Chronicles of Rebecca, three small roles left! Come help us finish the project!

SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles » November 13th, 2020, 6:32 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
November 12th, 2020, 8:17 pm
Bookworm360 wrote:
I am currently listening to Danny Kaye’s I’ve Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts, Yes We Have No Bananas, and Broadway musicals. And classical(best genre ever). Particularly Mozart. Aand Movin’ Right Along(the muppet movie)
Oh my gosh, I love Danny Kaye! It's so sad to me that he's been largely forgotten by so many. The Inspector General and The Court Jester are both brilliant.

(Also muppets. :9:)
Did you know that Danny Kaye had his own radio show in the late-1940s?

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nyRWmtBSvDzVoCMnOvxQgAk9PcRz_qiig

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel
Dramatic Selections from Henry Lawson's Short Stories
(Poetry) Wine and Roses, by Victor J. Daley

realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers » November 15th, 2020, 9:52 pm

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."